How much would you pay for ...?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mr.3000

How much would you pay for ...?

How much would you pay.....OR....what's a decent price for a game used, Grand Slam baseball of your favorite player?

Just looking for opinions here.

Thanks
  • godwulf
    • Aug 2007

Re: How much would you pay for ...?

Originally posted by Mr.3000
    How much would you pay.....OR....what's a decent price for a game used, Grand Slam baseball of your favorite player?

Just looking for opinions here.

Thanks
    I would imagine that the answer is probably going to vary mainly according to how much disposable income the answerer normally has to invest in his collection/hobby, don't you?

Me, on a good day I'd probably pay upwards of $200 for a Matt Williams grand slam ball...maybe a little more.
    Jeff
    godwulf1@cox.net

Comment

• Mr.3000

Originally posted by godwulf
      I would imagine that the answer is probably going to vary mainly according to how much disposable income the answerer normally has to invest in his collection/hobby, don't you?

Me, on a good day I'd probably pay upwards of $200 for a Matt Williams grand slam ball...maybe a little more.

I agree. I am hoping to get a wide variety of responses so that I could gauge what would be a decent price to pay. Nobody wants to overpay.

Seller offered one to me for $950. I think price is too high, but I wanted to cross reference with others opinions. I mean....a grand slam ball? Not easy to come by.

Comment

• skyking26
        • Dec 2005

Originally posted by Mr.3000
        I agree. I am hoping to get a wide variety of responses so that I could gauge what would be a decent price to pay. Nobody wants to overpay.

Seller offered one to me for $950. I think price is too high, but I wanted to cross reference with others opinions. I mean....a grand slam ball? Not easy to come by.
        $950? Guy's nuts and I don't care who the player is...
        ROBERT KOPPEL
        Skyking26 - 35 year collector of Dave Kingman memorabilia. Also seek 500 HR and 3000 Hit GU Bats,
        and 1968, 1984, HOF Tigers GU Bats...Skyking442@hotmail.com

Comment

• Mr.3000

Originally posted by joelsabi
          try half his max which is $600 but I think you will end with it at $750. Good luck.

Thanks Joel, Sky & god.

Comment

• Kid4hof03
            • Nov 2005

I paid $275 for a Ron Gant grand slam ball. I normally would not have paid that much but it did have an LOA from the Reds as well as being signed by Gant, made it a bit more interesting to me than buying it from someone that happened to catch it in the stands.

Comment

• Righteousmike
              • May 2009

Wow would not pay over $800 for a grand slam ball unless it was maybe Jeters career first or if it was a walk off grand slam ball of a decent player, signed and dated.

Comment

• sox83cubs84
                Banned
                • Apr 2009

Ballhawk.net got the Derrek Lee grannie at Wrigley Field Thursday night.

Dave M.
                Chicago area

Comment

Working...