Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Griffey Jersey experts, help

Does anyone have a legit Griffey Reds era batting practice jersey or know the proper size? I'm looking at this auction, here is the listing:

2000 Ken Griffey Jr. professional model Cincinnati Reds batting practice jersey, Reds logo on front left, and "GRIFFEY" and #30 on back. A "Reds 25 and 10 Year World Champion Anniversaries" patch is on the left sleeve. Retains its original Majestic size 48 tagging on front lower left and "0006" wash tag in tail. Jersey exhibits light to moderate usage wear.

I appreciate any help. Thanks as always for the expert help.

Banned

Re: Griffey Jersey experts, help

Quote Originally Posted by justinwc80 View Post
    Does anyone have a legit Griffey Reds era batting practice jersey or know the proper size? I'm looking at this auction, here is the listing:

2000 Ken Griffey Jr. professional model Cincinnati Reds batting practice jersey, Reds logo on front left, and "GRIFFEY" and #30 on back. A "Reds 25 and 10 Year World Champion Anniversaries" patch is on the left sleeve. Retains its original Majestic size 48 tagging on front lower left and "0006" wash tag in tail. Jersey exhibits light to moderate usage wear.

I appreciate any help. Thanks as always for the expert help.
    I don't want to commit without a hands-on inspection, but I can say that (a) the size is reasonable, (b) 0006 is the correct interior tag, and (c) the patch is accurate in its chronology.

Dave M.
    Chicago area

I believe you are talking about the jersey that is in the current auction? It looks good to me based on sizing and jersey characteristics. Not sure on how much use it has, but everything else looks good on it I believe.
    Looking for: Joey Votto game used items.

I have one, but I'm at the office right now. e-mail me and I'll send you some photos of the one I have. I purchased mine directly from the Reds.

rangers2021(at)yahoo <dot> com
    "We need rebirth of the American tradition of leadership ... in private life as well." "'Trust me' government asks that we concentrate our hopes and dreams on one man; that we trust him to do what's best for us. My view of government places trust not in one person or one party, but in those values that transcend persons and parties. The trust is where it belongs--in the people." - Ronald Reagan"

http://www.freewebs.com/chrishwish/