Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: EBAY gripe

Banned

EBAY gripe

So, this really bothers me. I pride myself on being an honest person and doing the right thing. Recently I had a C.C. Sabathia autographed baseball that I put on EBAY. A buyer with the name stevenpark1982 won the item, then never paid me. I filed a claim with ebay and sent my invoices and didn't hear anything until about a week later when he said he was not paying because in his opinion it was a "fake". I personally witnessed C.C. signing the baseball myself. My dad and I both got him to sign out baseballs. I never planned on selling it, but needed money and decided to part with it. I had a 100% feedback and now about 4-6 weeks later he leaves me negative feedback saying it was a replica and it was spelling wrong?!?! I don't know if anyone has a C.C. signed ball but the only letters you can read are C.C. The rest, like most ball players is chicken scratch. So with his negative feedback I'm now down to 96.3% on feedback and took a hit on my other ratings. I don't sell that much on EBAY and after EBAY's new rules I never will. I'm through with them. Too bad I can't do anything about it. At least I hit him with a strike for being a non payer. I can't believe that. I don't think I've done too much business on here with folks but the one or two I have sold too I'm sure can vouche that I'm an honest person and give a complete and thorough description of whatever I'm selling. This is pure rubbish. Just thought I'd vent. Maybe I should email this punk and ask WTF?

Aaron

Re: EBAY gripe

Yep, ebay's getting bad.

I took someone's best offer on an item I was selling. I've sent two invoices in 6 days and have yet to hear from them on when payment will arrive.

Reply to his feedback. The guy has had issues in the past with others (left 3 neg feedback already ). Just state he never paid for the item, it was never shipped and you obtained the autograph in person. File a complaint with eBay. It may work or it may not but since the buyer never paid, they may remove it. It's a shot in the dark but you never know unless you try.

Negative feedback is subjective. If I see something I want and the seller has negative feedback, I always investigate it. Most of the time, it's BS. Buyer never paid or the buyer is no longer a member or the buyer bought 3 items, all were lost by UPS and now the seller has 3 negative feedbacks etc etc. I know I'm not in the norm but there are buyers like me out there and we're usually easier to deal with. In any case, good luck!!

If he thought it was fake, why bid on it? You should call him up and ask.

I agree though, I dread selling on ebay now. I'm almost amazed when somebody pays within a day or two of the close of an auction. People have gotten really rude too. How hard is it to acknowledge a seller's answer to a question with a simple thank you?

I thought that if a seller claims non-payment against a bidder and eBay credits your account, the bidder loses the ability to leave feedback for the transaction. Just file a claim with eBay. I would bet the negative is wiped away.

Chris
    Always looking for Jack Hannahan or St. Paul Saints gamers:

www.jackhannahan.webs.com

Banned

Chris-

I did. You know how EBAY won't let you file a claim until 7 days after the close? I put on my listing that I would relist if not paid in 24-48 hours. He finally wrote back on day 6 and said it was a "fake" in his uninformed opinion. I informed him, as was on my listing that I don't have a COA but I witnessed C.C. sign the ball myself at an A's game. I told him I would file a claim. He said, fine, file a claim, "It's a fake". So I filed the claim the next possible day, I got my EBAY account credited and I thought that was that. I don't know how he was able to leave me Feedback. I had a score of 98 and 100% total. I just checked today and it was 97....tried to figure out how I went from a 98 to a 97, so I clicked on the number to see I had a negative. I couldn't believe my eyes, so I looked and it was from that yahoo who left in on July 3, 2009,....the item auction ended on May 30, 2009. Over a month later he leave a negative feedback....didn't think that was possible. I tried to respond to it but can't. Someone from a pervious post said you couldn't. I'm unware who, I tried to find where I could, but I'm not the most knowledgable EBAY user myself, so I couldn't figure it out.

Needless to say, I'll only buy on EBAY from now on, never sell again on there.

Aaron

Banned

I can't wait for the day that another website comes along and challenges eBay. Members will bail out and the sad thing is, the CEO's at eBay won't even care one little bit.

Unfortunately, until that day comes, we are all stuck with eBay.

Jim

Craigslist is putting a huge dent on ebay, that's why they are letting people list 5 items per month for free. Tough to sell sports memorabilia nationally on Craigslist but I do believe ebay is feeling the pinch.

ebay is getting pathetic.buyers can leave negative feedback whenever they want but if your a seller and the buyer screws you ,you can't leave negative feedback at all.what's wrong with this picture.i really wish there was another site.

Aaron, I think what Chris was saying is you should file a claim with Ebay regarding your negative feedback. Explain to them that the buyer never paid for the item (unpaid strike) and you never shipped the ball to the buyer. I should think that Ebay will remove your negative feedback.