Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

frank thomas jersey

what is his white sox jersey going for nowadays? and what size should it be?

Re: frank thomas jersey

I think this is a question for Wade, extensive Thomas collection, you can look him up.
    Ricardo Montoya

ri.montoya at yahoo dot com

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by momen55 View Post
    what is his white sox jersey going for nowadays? and what size should it be?
    For his first few seasons (til 1993 or thereabouts), Thomas took a very snug 46. He went up to 48 for the next few years, and 50 after that.

Dave M.
    Chicago area

There's a Thomas jersey on gu Chicago's Craigslist right now.

Quote Originally Posted by sox83cubs84 View Post
    For his first few seasons (til 1993 or thereabouts), Thomas took a very snug 46. He went up to 48 for the next few years, and 50 after that.

Dave M.
    Chicago area
    and a +2" length customization for most of those size 46 and 48 years if i'm not mistaken.

rudy.

wow, a frank thomas question and thread....and I didn't start it LOL. This is what I know as far as Thomas jerseys and sizes go. This list was compiled from other members input and past auctions, way before I ever got into collecting game used stuff...

1994 size 48 Blue Chip Sports Website
    1994 size 46 Authentic Gamers, American
    Memorabilia, Lelands
    1998 size 48 + 2 Grey Flannel
    1999 size 46 + 2 Grey Flannel
    2000 size 50 Ball Park Heroes, Jim Yackel,
    Blue Chip Sports
    2002 size 48 American Memorabilia
    2007 Blue Jays 52
    2008 Blue Jays 52

As far as the price one of his jerseys commands, the A's apparently sold off some jerseys for like $100 or $150 at the past fan fest this year (all hear say as i wasn't in attendance as I am an east coast kinda guy). The Jays seem to sell unused/issued jerseys for around $600 for repeat business, but typically start the game used jerseys in the $1000 market. I recently purchased an away uniform and paid $1100 total. Specialty situations/game jerseys always bring in more, just to reiterate. I would think that you could score one from someone in the private sector for $500-$750...it is quite possible that they don't know what they have and are just looking to move it. I was once offered a TBTC jersey for 1750. I think the first GUU auction had a jersey go off for around $800...but timing just wasn't right for me at that time (it was an black alt jersey!!!!)

Hope that helps. I would love to see some pics when you get it...or even if you don't get it. How much are they offering it to you for? Were you the person that posted the Black White Sox Jersey the other day? I currently have a bp jersey, a grey away sox jersey, and a home pinstripe...I still need a black alt jersey myself. All the best. Let me know if I can help out with anything else. I feel like the list I provided is my old list as it didn't have the Blue Jays stuff on it...I added it, perhaps a more updated list is on my other computer. I will try to check it out in the next day or so for you. Again, best of luck.

Quote Originally Posted by WadeInBmore View Post
    wow, a frank thomas question and thread....and I didn't start it LOL. This is what I know as far as Thomas jerseys and sizes go. This list was compiled from other members input and past auctions, way before I ever got into collecting game used stuff...

1994 size 48 Blue Chip Sports Website
    1994 size 46 Authentic Gamers, American
    Memorabilia, Lelands
    1998 size 48 + 2 Grey Flannel
    1999 size 46 + 2 Grey Flannel
    2000 size 50 Ball Park Heroes, Jim Yackel,
    Blue Chip Sports
    2002 size 48 American Memorabilia
    2007 Blue Jays 52
    2008 Blue Jays 52

As far as the price one of his jerseys commands, the A's apparently sold off some jerseys for like $100 or $150 at the past fan fest this year (all hear say as i wasn't in attendance as I am an east coast kinda guy). The Jays seem to sell unused/issued jerseys for around $600 for repeat business, but typically start the game used jerseys in the $1000 market. I recently purchased an away uniform and paid $1100 total. Specialty situations/game jerseys always bring in more, just to reiterate. I would think that you could score one from someone in the private sector for $500-$750...it is quite possible that they don't know what they have and are just looking to move it. I was once offered a TBTC jersey for 1750. I think the first GUU auction had a jersey go off for around $800...but timing just wasn't right for me at that time (it was an black alt jersey!!!!)

Hope that helps. I would love to see some pics when you get it...or even if you don't get it. How much are they offering it to you for? Were you the person that posted the Black White Sox Jersey the other day? I currently have a bp jersey, a grey away sox jersey, and a home pinstripe...I still need a black alt jersey myself. All the best. Let me know if I can help out with anything else. I feel like the list I provided is my old list as it didn't have the Blue Jays stuff on it...I added it, perhaps a more updated list is on my other computer. I will try to check it out in the next day or so for you. Again, best of luck.
    Unfortunately I can conform the price at the A's fanfest, because I wasn't able to get one for obvious reasons
    Ricardo Montoya

ri.montoya at yahoo dot com

Quote Originally Posted by grenda12 View Post
    There's a Thomas jersey on gu Chicago's Craigslist right now.
    The one on Craigslist looks real nice, and appears that it will go for a steal of a price - ~600. Too bad I'm not a sox fan :-)

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by kingjammy24 View Post
    and a +2" length customization for most of those size 46 and 48 years if i'm not mistaken.

rudy.
    Correctomundo, Rudy...I forgot to add that part.

Dave M.
    Chicago area

I'm pretty sure a couple days ago I had the inside track on this jersey. Thanks to this thread "outing" the jersey, I'm no longer in the picture. Who managed to make a better offer?
    Mike

Looking for any White Sox jersey from Richie Zisk.

My website - http://www.freewebs.com/karamaxjoe/

"There are only two seasons - winter and Baseball"
    ~ Bill Veeck

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]