Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Banned

Mears MJ 2003 all-star jersey on ebay..no way!

By a simple photo seach on Gettys from the 2003 all-star game you can clearly see this is not the same jersey. Look at where the NBA logo is placed. On the coa it's even with the neckline. In the pictures from the game it's clearly below the neckline. I know Mears only gave it an A5. Whatever that means. But, should it even get a 5 when you know it was not ever used in the game? Was it really issued for the game? Doubt it. Now some dude is trying to get 3k for it. I don't know.
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Re: Mears MJ 2003 all-star jersey on ebay..no way!

LOL.. This jersey (or similar '03 Jordan AS's) has been turning up on Ebay for the past couple months

Everything is wrong with it, yet all these numbnuts keep selling these "game worn" MEARS/GF jerseys, but they are all crap I'm afraid. Did even any "true" '03 NBA All-Star jerseys have the Hardwood Classic tag? I don't think so, but I could be wrong. It's just a nice knockoff.

I like his comment how there was a $25k Jordan regular season jersey that was "taken off" Ebay so the seller could save fees. LOL.. WRONG! I contacted the seller since it was indeed a legit game worn jersey, however, the seller has put it in the Sept Basketball HOF GF auction. It's been up there for about a week now with min bid of $14k.

Item# 290328852474
    Jordan 2003 All-Star Pro-cut
    Listing closed: Jul 10, 2009 for $390.99

Item# 390063324302
    Jordan 2003 All-Star "game issued"
    Listing closes: Jul 11, 2009, Buy Now for $2995.00

What more can I say? It's all the same schiznet!

Banned

Amen. The Larry Bird on ebay is crap too.

WOW! I forgot this one that I was actually "watching" on MyEbay that ended recently..

Poor sucka for $6100!!

Item# 220435025282
    Jordan 2003 "game worn" AS jersey
    Listing closed: Jun 21, 2009 for $6100

LOL.. looks like the same exact jersey/MEARS lot that 33Bird you found on Ebay!

Greg, are you referring to the Bird jersey with "drop of blood" on it for $7499?
    I love the title! haha...

I'm not up to par on Bird jerseys. If this is the one your referring to, what makes this one not legit? Some of the size/NOB look "ok" to me, but I could be missing the boat totally on this one.

Thanks!

Banned

No, not that one. That one is probably ok but way overpriced. There's one that just showed up and he wants 3k. It's all wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by nickacs View Post
    LOL.. This jersey (or similar '03 Jordan AS's) has been turning up on Ebay for the past couple months

Everything is wrong with it, yet all these numbnuts keep selling these "game worn" MEARS/GF jerseys, but they are all crap I'm afraid. Did even any "true" '03 NBA All-Star jerseys have the Hardwood Classic tag? I don't think so, but I could be wrong. It's just a nice knockoff.

I like his comment how there was a $25k Jordan regular season jersey that was "taken off" Ebay so the seller could save fees. LOL.. WRONG! I contacted the seller since it was indeed a legit game worn jersey, however, the seller has put it in the Sept Basketball HOF GF auction. It's been up there for about a week now with min bid of $14k.

During that period the NBA was doing a lot of Hardwood classic jersey night. I think all the retro jersey had the hardwood tag on them

Jojo

Here is an example

http://cgi.ebay.com/Jason-Terry-2003-04-Atlanta-Hawks-game-used-jersey_W0QQitemZ220403039603QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_ DefaultDomain_0?hash=item33510b7d73&_trksid=p4634. c0.m14.l1262&_trkparms=|293%3A1|294%3A30

Jojo

Quote Originally Posted by 33bird View Post
    No, not that one. That one is probably ok but way overpriced. There's one that just showed up and he wants 3k. It's all wrong.
    Here is the link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/BOSTON-CELTICS-L...mZ250446788153

I always thought this jersey was okay, too. The BIN price is high but there is a Best Offer option. If the jersey were photomatched, I'd pay the BIN price. I have wondered if the seller is a GUU member.

We need a Kyle Hess for basketball jerseys. Kyle, interested in expanding your professional scope? I'm serious that I would pick this Bird up if it were photomatched.
    Always looking for top NBA game worn items of superstar and Hall-of-Fame-caliber players (especially Kobe, LeBron, MJ, Curry and Durant). Also looking for game worn items of all players from special events (e.g., All Star Game, NBA Finals, milestone games, etc.). Please contact me at gameusedequip2@hotmail.com. Thank you.