Quote Originally Posted by sportscentury View Post
"Destroying" is a bit harsh, no? LBJ normally adds elaborate inscriptions for high-end items that are signed through Upper Deck. This inscription was specifically requested by Upper Deck's customer. Typically, I like the inscriptions. He added his jersey #23 and "2008-2009 NBA MVP," both of which look incredible. I would have forgone the stats, though. In this case, I don't think the stats are good enough for a player like LBJ for them to be highlighted in an inscription (a 25-point double-double is pretty ho-hum for him). I guess Hunt's consignor thought otherwise. Upper Deck gets lots of requests from their customers for inscriptions of this sort, and LBJ clearly takes his time with them. All in all, a darn nice jersey. I may bid, but I already have a home and road-red from this year (photomatched). I'd love to find a road-blue.
I guess I'll just say it's not my cup of tea. I prefer my items to be unsigned, let alone all of those stats. I would have preferred the signature to be on one of the numbers on the back. I personally think that all the sharpie detracts from the item when it's game used. But, obviously someone liked it that way, and were willing to pay quite a bit for it. Personal preference I guess....