Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: What's up with some people?

To help clear up some guessing ... and to take responsibilty ... I am one of the people that had disappointed Andrew. And he was right to feel disappointed.

I lot of you know I am fighting breast cancer and I NEVER want to appear that I am using that as an excuse for bad behavior. Baseball and the GUF has become a wonderful place of refuge for me. And I thank all of you who have been part of the fun of adding to my collection during a very un-fun part of life.

I am guilty often of making deals to buy items and then having it take longer to pay than I hoped. I suppose it is a form of denial of reality of circumstances and wishful thinking that I can get things put together sooner than is honestly realistic. But I never intend to mislead or not follow through. Since becoming a member, I think I have completed at least 40-50 transactions ... and I don't deny that often I have tried the patience of more than a few of you ... but like an old horse, I eventually plug through.

I hope, as Andrew has, you can understand what appears as horrible behavior is a reflection of my circumstances and not my character.

As I've grown to get to know and understand more of the workings of the forum and the truly diverse cast of characters, it has become much more fun -- funny -- and as always, informative. It got waaaaay to serious for me a while ago when I felt like a "duped dope" when my money disappeared from a few bad apples. I crawled into my shell and stopped talking even to the good guys. Now I realize that I was the dope that duped myself in taking it out on good members of the forum. I apologize to all of you!

They say confession is good for the soul. This feels good. GUF is a good place. I will do better in honoring my promises to all of you.

And by the way, I owe many thank you's to others on the board that have gone out of their way to be incredibly generous to me and I am just as slow on getting thank yous to them (Dave, Mark, Howard G.). The thank you emails will come ... slowly but surely ... and your kindness has left me overwhelmed with your kindness and friendship.

But by biggest debt of gratitude goes to Andrew. A man among men. And someone I feel honored to call a friend. And who has taught me a valuable life lesson that silence often speaks things unintended. Any short response is so much kinder and easier to understand.

Thank you all for your friendship on this forum. And for your kindness.

Helen

Helen - I have always felt that we are in a family of sorts in this hobby. Stuff happens and you have more than your share to deal with. Glad we re-connected!!! You probably just found 20 more Game Used cousins here!!!!
    Regards,
    Andrew Lang
    AllstarsPlus@aol.com
    202-716-8500

Quote Originally Posted by allstarsplus View Post
    Helen - I have always felt that we are in a family of sorts in this hobby. Stuff happens and you have more than your share to deal with. Glad we re-connected!!! You probably just found 20 more Game Used cousins here!!!!
    Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by cordovacollector View Post
    Thank you!
    Helen, been thinking of you. Hope you are well. Send me your address to the email below and if you still need/want the Blue ball, I'll send it and you pay when you can.

Bob
    ROBERT KOPPEL
    Skyking26 - 35 year collector of Dave Kingman memorabilia. Also seek 500 HR and 3000 Hit GU Bats,
    and 1968, 1984, HOF Tigers GU Bats...Skyking442@hotmail.com

Helen,

Sent you an email link to a Marty Cordova bat you may be interested in.

Thanks, Bobby

Helen's one of my favorite to deal with

Ive delt with Helen before and shes a pleasant one to deal with. Very nice all around.

Which reminds me Helen. I completely forgot to send you pics of that sidewritten bat we discussed before I went to Dallas. Let me see if I can find that and I'll send them your way. That is if I can find it.

Oh yeah, and the McKay is laying here too.

Quote Originally Posted by cordovacollector View Post
    To help clear up some guessing ... and to take responsibilty ... I am one of the people that had disappointed Andrew. And he was right to feel disappointed.

I lot of you know I am fighting breast cancer and I NEVER want to appear that I am using that as an excuse for bad behavior. Baseball and the GUF has become a wonderful place of refuge for me. And I thank all of you who have been part of the fun of adding to my collection during a very un-fun part of life.

I am guilty often of making deals to buy items and then having it take longer to pay than I hoped. I suppose it is a form of denial of reality of circumstances and wishful thinking that I can get things put together sooner than is honestly realistic. But I never intend to mislead or not follow through. Since becoming a member, I think I have completed at least 40-50 transactions ... and I don't deny that often I have tried the patience of more than a few of you ... but like an old horse, I eventually plug through.

I hope, as Andrew has, you can understand what appears as horrible behavior is a reflection of my circumstances and not my character.

As I've grown to get to know and understand more of the workings of the forum and the truly diverse cast of characters, it has become much more fun -- funny -- and as always, informative. It got waaaaay to serious for me a while ago when I felt like a "duped dope" when my money disappeared from a few bad apples. I crawled into my shell and stopped talking even to the good guys. Now I realize that I was the dope that duped myself in taking it out on good members of the forum. I apologize to all of you!

They say confession is good for the soul. This feels good. GUF is a good place. I will do better in honoring my promises to all of you.

And by the way, I owe many thank you's to others on the board that have gone out of their way to be incredibly generous to me and I am just as slow on getting thank yous to them (Dave, Mark, Howard G.). The thank you emails will come ... slowly but surely ... and your kindness has left me overwhelmed with your kindness and friendship.

But by biggest debt of gratitude goes to Andrew. A man among men. And someone I feel honored to call a friend. And who has taught me a valuable life lesson that silence often speaks things unintended. Any short response is so much kinder and easier to understand.

Thank you all for your friendship on this forum. And for your kindness.

Helen
    Helen,

what a classy move on your part. You were never called out by name, but still fessed up. You got on the express to honesty and cleared the air. We have all been burned with bad sellers, or fake items, but that won't ever be the case with Andrew. You are obviously dealing with a tough situation with the boobie cancer which is understandable, but you showed great courage here, outing yourself. I am truly impressed, and respect that. Now, the other buyer needs to jump on theexpress to payment too. Don't leave A.L. hanging, he dropped cash on an item for you.

By the way Helen, you seem like a great girl, and I hope you fight the cancer till you win!

Mark

Andruw,

Sounds like all well that ends well........assuming the second person does their part too.

I wouldn't hesitate to post any name of anybody that does you wrong here. We are all adults, and should eachother mutual respect. Obviously there are some pretty serious circumstances here in regards to Helen, so I hope it all works out for both of you.....and I'm certainly not just referring to a memorabilia deal.

But it isn't a good situation when you feel things have gone so south that you have to actually post it here to instigate a resolve. In any case, here's to hoping it all ends the way it should. You deserve more respect than just about anybody here I can think of Andrew.

Regards,

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by suicide_squeeze View Post
    Andruw,

Sounds like all well that ends well........assuming the second person does their part too.

I wouldn't hesitate to post any name of anybody that does you wrong here. We are all adults, and should eachother mutual respect. Obviously there are some pretty serious circumstances here in regards to Helen, so I hope it all works out for both of you.....and I'm certainly not just referring to a memorabilia deal.

But it isn't a good situation when you feel things have gone so south that you have to actually post it here to instigate a resolve. In any case, here's to hoping it all ends the way it should. You deserve more respect than just about anybody here I can think of Andrew.

Regards,

Steve
    Steve - I am just getting back to GUU after 2 wild days in St. Louis for the All Star game.

The other person has now contacted me and has vowed to resolve his purchase quickly as he had extenuating circumstances so I hope that is the case.

I also agree wtih you about things going "south" and going public with these types of issues. The most frustrating thing is how many emails I have read on this issue from people saying they have gone through this same type of problem with others.

Thanks for the input from everyone and hope to never have to start another thread like this.
    Regards,
    Andrew Lang
    AllstarsPlus@aol.com
    202-716-8500