Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

O/T - Way To Go Heritage Auctions!! - Spared No Expense!!

I thought you guys might get a kick out of this. I sure did. I picked up an item in the last Heritage Auction and it arrived today. My first purchase with them btw.

Now take a look at these photo's. The first one is of the 2 boxes that my item came in. The smaller box was inside of the bigger box. I put them up in front of my 'captains chair' so you get an idea of the size.

The next pic is showing the amount of packing peanuts that was included with my purchase. WOW! No wonder it was 6 pounds and $25 bucks to ship!

Now after looking at these pics you will say, 'well Triple X, what did you get?'.......
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Re: O/T - Way To Go Heritage Auctions!! - Spared No Expense!!

Well guys, I have to tell you that all of this was for 1, that's right, 1 size 13 shoe!

Great first time experience, but I could not understand why I had to pay $25 for shipping until this arrived.

It's a little over kill IMO!

That's hilarious.

I think you'd have a hard time jacking up a game-used cleat even if you shipped it in a manila envelope.

Wow.

The good news is that it was just a mix-up in the shipping department.

The bad news is that somebody received their 1869 Cincinnati Red Stockings glass decanter in an unpadded manilla envelope

Rick
    rickjlucas@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by 34swtns View Post
    That's hilarious.

I think you'd have a hard time jacking up a game-used cleat even if you shipped it in a manila envelope.

Wow.
    Haha! Not to mention the cleat itself was wrapped in 9 feet of bubble wrap (the big bubbles) and half a roll of packing tape.

It took me 15 min. to get it unwrapped.

I'm glad that Heritage takes careful consideration when packaging/shipping items, but DAMN!

I would just like to know if all of this was really necessary? I've shipped cleats plenty of times, but never had to go through all of that.

I guess this is how they justify charging so much for shipping.

Trip X......where's the love?

I would be THRILLED if every item I ever won came with such love and care........and I mean that!

Cudo's to Heritage.

Quote Originally Posted by suicide_squeeze View Post
    Trip X......where's the love?

I would be THRILLED if every item I ever won came with such love and care........and I mean that!

Cudo's to Heritage.
    cant agree more. over the last two weeks i have received damaged packages. luckily only one was damaged and the item was rare but now ruin. had to ask for a refund on it and the seller was making fell like it was my fault. i love a box in a box packaging. would have saved asking for a refund in my instance.
    Regards,
    Joel S.
    joelsabi @ gmail.com
    Wanted: Alex Rodriguez Game Used Items and other unique artifacts, 1992 thru 1998 only. From High School to Early Mariners.