Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Ryan Howard World Series Bat on EBAY

Any thoughts about this bat on EBAY? I searched Getty but did not find a match.

By the way, I have been on this site for several months and am amazed at the knowledge that members have. Thank you for educating me.

http://cgi.ebay.com/GAME-USED-RYAN-H...3A1%7C294%3A50

Re: Ryan Howard World Series Bat on EBAY

Honestly, I would stay away from that bat if you're really looking for a Howard World Series bat. Howard used a Black Marucci bat during the world series last year. There have been quite a few Howard Diablo bats that have come up on ebay in the past year. All were that "Red" color, that I believe was banned by MLB. The seller is also selling Ryan Howard "World Series" batting gloves. Howard has had a contract exclusively with Adidas since at least 2008 so he only wears adidas batting gloves and cleats. He wore Under Armour gloves early in his career so those are not World Series batting gloves. Just my 2 cents though. Maybe others can chime in and confirm my thoughts.

Just emailed the seller and told him that his bat and batting gloves were NOT world series stuff. Told him Howard has a contract with Adidas since the start of 2008. I received this great response from him "Just watched the home run derby on espn. Ryan was wearing under armour batting gloves and reebok cleats. So much for your info." I wouldn't buy anything this guy is selling based on that response.

Looks like a black bat and adidas gloves to me..Send the thread link to the seller.And he used adidas last year how does the home run derby have anything to do with last year..

Looking for Doug Flynn and Joel Youngblood items.NY Mets jerseys 78-82

Thanks Scott dcrules01@msn.com

I sent the seller another email telling him nicely that these were not World Series items & also that Ryan Howard did not use Under Armour batting gloves and Reebok cleats during the HR. Derby last night & I've received yet another vulgar response. He said "IT's ok if you don't know your stuff just admit it and go away! You're one of those guys if I had a picture of Ryan handing them to me after a world series game you would say, "Ahhhh...You photo shopped the image!" Look asshole! You don't have to bid! I bought the items from a Phillies major league scout. I own over 300 major league game used jerseys and over 500 game used bats. I can tell you this....They are game used from the 2008 world series. However, if you can prove to me with real documentation that the items were not used during the world series I will change my description to just game used. Anything short of that I will be shoving the bat up your ass when it sells!"

Banned

LMAO that bat would kinda hurt.

But seriously the information has been presented what more does the guy want ?

Cant you report him to ebay for the foul language? This prick needs to be slapped by someone.

Actually he can be reported for noting "personal checks" in his auction. He is only allowed to accept Paypal or other merchant card services. The only way he can accept personal checks/money orders is if the buyer asks him prior to bidding. BTW, his payment instructions are a joke "...PAYMENT IS DUE WITHIN 24 HOURS OF BID ACCEPTANCE. NO EXCEPTIONS!!! IF YOU CAN PAY WITHIN 24 HOURS PLEASE DO NOT BID!!! "

I looked at a bunch of photos on Getty also after I posted the photos here all adidas.So I joined in and sent the seller a note providing all the information here was his response..

Ya! All those photos were probably taken at one game. I really have no way of proving he wore them in the World Series only what my friend told me. He's an advanced major league scout for the Phillies so he would know. Maybe I will relist them later as just game used and then maybe it won't be so baffling. Thanks
    Looking for Doug Flynn and Joel Youngblood items.NY Mets jerseys 78-82

Thanks Scott dcrules01@msn.com

Maybe it's all in how this guy is approached. I sent him a polite message and he replied back with a polite response. It seems like a nice bat but I doubt it was used in the world series...maybe batting practice?