Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Ryan Howard World Series Bat on EBAY

Fastlane, I did send him a polite message first telling him that I didnt think they were world series game used. I told him why I thought this. (How Howard has a contract with Adidas etc). Then he sent me that smart ass response about howard wearing under armour batting gloves and reebok cleats in the derby last night. I basically told him that I know what I'm talking about and if he wants to screw people out of money then that's his problem. I could tell from his first reponse he knew darn well that these were not World Series items. I was just trying to let him know incase he bought them from someone maybe he could get his money back (if he bought them through ebay & paid paypal). after his responses though I'm done sending him proof.

Quote Originally Posted by Rossi46 View Post
    Fastlane, I did send him a polite message first telling him that I didnt think they were world series game used. I told him why I thought this. (How Howard has a contract with Adidas etc). Then he sent me that smart ass response about howard wearing under armour batting gloves and reebok cleats in the derby last night. I basically told him that I know what I'm talking about and if he wants to screw people out of money then that's his problem. I could tell from his first reponse he knew darn well that these were not World Series items. I was just trying to let him know incase he bought them from someone maybe he could get his money back (if he bought them through ebay & paid paypal). after his responses though I'm done sending him proof.
    I'm not making any excuses for him and I'm sure your message was polite but because you questioned the authenticity of his items, he may have seen it as an attack. Some people are just more defensive than others. I wouldn't buy from him based on his responses to his negative feedback and the messages he sent you. He seemed pretty convinced the items would sell and they may but to that, I say shame on him for false advertising and shame on the potential buyer for not doing their research. Recently, there was "THE Joe Carter World Series home run bat" that was a nice gamer but was not blonde and not from the hall of fame where it currently resides. Starting bid was 999.99 and it didn't sell. Most people that are willing to spend that kind of money usually do their research but if they buy an obvious fake, then they need to take partial blame for it as well.

Thanks for the help.

When I first contacted the seller he said he had game used proof on Getty. However when I asked him for the image number he could not provide it.

I think he knows that it is not game used but he dosen't care.

I know nothing about the bat and if it's authentic.I am only responding to your post.You told him,"if he wants to screw people out of money then it's his problem".And then you comment about his bad response to you.Are you surprised that he responded to you like that.I would love to read the emails you sent this person, as you only posted his responses.It's kind of like only hearing one side of the story.Because from what you said you said here,i'm not suprised about his response to you.i am not saying its right but i'm saying it sounds like you dished it out first to this person.

To add on to my post.It's not what you say,it's how you say it.

Joba...Heres my exact messages and his responses. I was trying to inform him incase he was lied to when he bought the items and it was still within the time frame to get a refund thru PayPal.

Me 1st Message: Ryan Howard did not use Under Armour batting gloves in last
    year's world series. He's had an exclusive contract with adidas
    since the begining of 2008 which is why he only wears Adidas
    batting gloves and Adidas cleats. Howard used Under Armour
    Gloves early in his career up until the end of the 2007 season.
    Howard also nevered used a Diablo bat in the world series last
    year. He used a Black Marucci Bat. I'm not sure if you purchased
    these items from someone that told you this but the
    information,but it is not correct.

Him Responding:Just watched the home run derby on espn. Ryan was wearing under armour batting gloves and reebok cleats. So much for your info.

Me 2nd Message:yea I just watched it too and he was wearing Adidas stuff . Look
    man, if you feel good about yourself trying to screw people out
    of money, thats your deal. Theres already a thread topic about
    your "World Series" stuff on a game used forum, that's the only
    reason I looked at your listing to begin with. I was just trying to
    help you incase you were misinformed about stuff you had
    purchased.

Him Responding:IT's ok if you don't know your stuff just admit it and go away! You're one of those guys if I had a picture of Ryan handing them to me after a world series game you would say, "Ahhhh...You photo shopped the image!" Look asshole! You don't have to bid! I bought the items from a Phillies major league scout. I own over 300 major league game used jerseys and over 500 game used bats. I can tell you this....They are game used from the 2008 world series. However, if you can prove to me with real documentation that the items were not used during the world series I will change my description to just game used. Anything short of that I will be shoving the bat up your ass when it sells!

rossi-Thanks for posting your emails to this person.Yeah, the first one you sent was alright.But that second one i can see where the person might respond to you the way the person did.Like i said in my other post,it's not what you say,it's how you say it.I'm not defending this person believe me.The response to you was way out of line and it should be reported to greed-bay as it's against thier many rules to express yourself in this manner.
    Joba...Heres my exact messages and his responses. I was trying to inform him incase he was lied to when he bought the items and it was still within the time frame to get a refund thru PayPal.

Me 1st Message: Ryan Howard did not use Under Armour batting gloves in last
    year's world series. He's had an exclusive contract with adidas
    since the begining of 2008 which is why he only wears Adidas
    batting gloves and Adidas cleats. Howard used Under Armour
    Gloves early in his career up until the end of the 2007 season.
    Howard also nevered used a Diablo bat in the world series last
    year. He used a Black Marucci Bat. I'm not sure if you purchased
    these items from someone that told you this but the
    information,but it is not correct.

Him Responding:Just watched the home run derby on espn. Ryan was wearing under armour batting gloves and reebok cleats. So much for your info.

Me 2nd Message:yea I just watched it too and he was wearing Adidas stuff . Look
    man, if you feel good about yourself trying to screw people out
    of money, thats your deal. Theres already a thread topic about
    your "World Series" stuff on a game used forum, that's the only
    reason I looked at your listing to begin with. I was just trying to
    help you incase you were misinformed about stuff you had
    purchased.

Him Responding:IT's ok if you don't know your stuff just admit it and go away! You're one of those guys if I had a picture of Ryan handing them to me after a world series game you would say, "Ahhhh...You photo shopped the image!" Look asshole! You don't have to bid! I bought the items from a Phillies major league scout. I own over 300 major league game used jerseys and over 500 game used bats. I can tell you this....They are game used from the 2008 world series. However, if you can prove to me with real documentation that the items were not used during the world series I will change my description to just game used. Anything short of that I will be shoving the bat up your ass when it sells!

Yea Joba I agree, I probably should't have said the "screwing people out of money" but I could tell by his first response the he knew what he was selling from the get go. If he watched the derby like he said he did, it was quite obvious that Howard wasn't wearing Reebok Cleats or UA batting gloves to anyone that picks up on little stuff like that. I'm done emailing the guy. Honestly I could care less if somebody bought it. But when a forum member asked about it, then I felt like the need get involved and help him (forum member) and present the facts to the seller if need be.

Just my 2cents, I'm in no way a MLB collector/or really even a watcher, but wanted to say GOOD JOB to message this idiot. Yea, maybe the 'screwing' phrase wasn't the best, but you know, he's just another 1 of thousands of people that get their kicks from selling fake/unused crap to innocent people like us and others to make money the dishonest way.
    It's just not right and another reason why this forum is SO great in helping/protecting/informing others of people like this that makes memorabilia collecting a tough hobby these days.

Good job!

Looks like the auction has been removed.