Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

UPDATE - Black Light Photo Matching - New Find

You may remember that I posted a previous thread about using a black light to find hidden or laundered characteristics in GU gear. I wanted to post an update.

Here is my most recent photo match on a pair of Game Used Pants.

1) Pic of the pants under normal light. 2 visible marks after laundering. (the other apparent marks are shadows)

2) Pic of each leg under the black light clearly showing more of the use that was laundered out.

3) Comparison pics to a game photo showing the highlighted marks and the alignment/placement of each mark.

-One thing that I did not highlight since it is hard to tell in the size of the pics is the exact placement of the pad marks compared to the pad location in the game photo.

Pretty neat, huh?!
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Re: UPDATE - Black Light Photo Matching - New Find

Pretty cool, but why is one stain missing? On his right leg, above the knee stain but below the stain below the pad, is one of the darkest stains, yet the black light photo makes it look clean.

Ken
    earlywynnfan5@hotmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by earlywynnfan View Post
    Pretty cool, but why is one stain missing? On his right leg, above the knee stain but below the stain below the pad, is one of the darkest stains, yet the black light photo makes it look clean.

Ken
    earlywynnfan5@hotmail.com
    Based on the location of the middle stain in the blacklight pic, I made that judgment call because of the pad location. That is a very good observation.

The center mark in the blacklight photo could very well be the stain you are referring to. It would make sense, but it is a very tough call on it because of the location of the pads. In the game photo, that stain 'appears' to be centered between the knee pad and thigh pad. The blacklight photo shows a mark closer to the thigh pad. It very well could be the remains of the top of that stain.

I agree, it's pretty neat but on these pants it looks like the NFL logo crest is totally different than the one in the Getty pic.

Quote Originally Posted by emann View Post
    I agree, it's pretty neat but on these pants it looks like the NFL logo crest is totally different than the one in the Getty pic.
    Hard to say for sure. A higher resolution version of that photo would tell. Same with the Reebok logo, which I can't even see in the low res photo. Could be hidden by a fold, etc.

Regardless, this is a pretty interesting technique. Nice work.

Rick
    rickjlucas@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by emann View Post
    You are 100% correct. The 2001 style NFL shields were replaced with the newer 'equipment' shield that they used in 2002 & up.

Hi,

Very cool! If you don't mind me asking, how did you put together the black light set up?

Thanks,

Tom

Quote Originally Posted by Jake51 View Post
    Hi,

Very cool! If you don't mind me asking, how did you put together the black light set up?

Thanks,

Tom

Go to your local hippy store and they have them for around $20.

Quote Originally Posted by ndevlin View Post
    Go to your local hippy store and they have them for around $20.
    LOL! Pretty much. We have some lying around the house from Halloween. (We're the idiots that go way overboard for the kids).

I found that the UV Tube lights work a million times better than the bulbs do. They're pretty cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by TriplexXxSports View Post
    LOL! Pretty much. We have some lying around the house from Halloween. (We're the idiots that go way overboard for the kids).

I found that the UV Tube lights work a million times better than the bulbs do. They're pretty cheap.
    For got to add. I get mine at Home Depot, not the head shop.