Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Ohio State: Do you have photos?

I just picked up this super cool, wool, Ohio State warm-up sweater. Number "81" is sewn on sleeve, so I assume it is from the football team. Late 40s, early 50s tagging. Doesn't seem like a warm-up used in a game, maybe like an award jacket. This item just breaths football history.
    Does anyone have photos from this era? Can anyone add some insight? Just a shot in the dark...THANKS!

Re: Ohio State: Do you have photos?

Great item! Give me a few days to look through my files to see what I may find.

Scott

Another heater.

Ouch. Looks like it's a football warm-up to me, an award sweater would not have Macgregor tagging, they never did knits, only cotton/poly blended garments as they would have to outsource for the knits.

Looking forward to see if the OSU experts have some photos of something similar to this.

DX

Sweet! Is that for sale or trade? jflynn@hiddenlinksgolf.com. Thanks!

Thanks, Fellas, for the replies.
    If someone can find a photo, you will make a friend!

I want to do more research, before I sell.

Still searching for photos and/or information. If anyone has OSU football history reference books; a quick search would be cool.
    THANKS!

Still checking on this one, so far everything I have looked up doesn't yeild any results.

Scott

I've checked out several OSU football history books that I own as well and no luck on this end either. I'm wondering if it could be a track warm up? I have seen those bearing numbers as well.

Gary

I am interested in seeing photos of this warm-up worn by an athlete from any sport. I have just learned that this sleeve patch was designed in 1951.
    What other sport would use a warm-up this large (measures size 52), and have a number like "81" sewn on the sleeve?

Does anyone know the exact years that this MacGregor Goldsmith tag was used?
    Thanks guys, for any possibilities!