Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

A few finds of vintage baseball

Hi i am posting a few few pics of a few items i have.Want to know what people on the forum think as i do not know much about stuff like this.

I have a pair of game used cleats i was told from St pete in Flordia from 1954.

2 old vintage gloves from i don't know what year.

And a vintage megaphone

Any help would be nice and if there is any value to these items i would like to know. Thanks in advance Geoff
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Re: A few finds of vintage baseball

Sorry here are the rest of the vintage pics.Thanks Geoff

And the pic of the megaphone

The cleats are difficult because some would pay more than others, but general value would be $30-$40 for cleats from the 50s.

The Ken Wel glove is hurt badly by all the ink on it. A lot of collectors won't touch these. Ken Wel is a very desireable brand known for very well made gloves however, so I'd say $40-$50. Get rid of the ink and it's $80-$100. Also, you don't mention if it's endorsed. A player signature model could change the value.

Of course if you can figure out a way to get ink off gloves consistently, you'll make a boat load off your discovery...ha ha.

The McDougal is a low end glove with vinyl piping, very common, and probably kid sized...$20

The megaphone isn't very old. Probably $20-$30. You could get lucky with all the Cleveland fans out there and make a bit more, but I would be surprised.

Thanks for showing your items.

Mike H.

They do have value, but not a whole lot....I would guess the KenWel glove to be about a $30-40 glove, the McDougal glove around $30....the cleats about the same, and the megaphone was most likely a popcorn container from the Hall Of Fame game at Cooperstown $10-15.

Hey Mike, you must have beaten me to it, by a few seconds....we were pretty close on value too.

Hi Geoff. Thanks for sharing your items. Not too much value here I'm afraid.

1) Megaphone: 1961 -1967 based on the teams. $20.
    2) Ken Wel glove: c.1940. $30.
    3) Macrgegor glove: Late 1950s. $20.
    4) Cleats: $20.

But would make a nice display.

Mike, Dan- I didn't see your posts while I was typing mine. Looks like we are all in the same range.

There you go Geoff..three "Expert" (ahumm...not!!) opinions.

Great minds think alike!

Actually pretty amazing that we were all checking the board at the same time....that has to be a first.

Great thanks for the help on these items. I was just seeing how much they are worth i already have them on display in plastic bags to not dry them out more then they already are.Any other insights on my items and Thanks.Geoff