Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Number9
    • Mar 2006

Re: Steiner Sports....yes Or No

I generally try to stay out of these type topics, but I have been treated so well by someone at Steiner that I do want to share that. I spent a few days last week in phone discussions with Bob Malandro at Steiner as I sought a particular jersey.
    It appears I won't be buying one because the remaining inventory of this particular player doesn't work for me (missing patches, removed tags, or World Series jerseys I can't afford) but I have to say that rarely have I been treated as well by major dealers/auction houses in this baseball hobby as Bob Malandro treated me.
    He was flexible in trying to work out a deal, he sent me photos of several jerseys, answered countless questions, was never rude or pushy, and was extremely patient with me.
    Again, I did not buy a jersey but I have to say I see Steiner in a much different light after experiencing how cordial Bob was. Yeah, the prices are high but you know what you are getting with them (not a fake like on ebay) and Bob went out of his way to be courteous and helpful. I will not hesitate to deal with them if I can find something that works for me at some point.
    The only thing that prevented a deal we would both have been satisfied with is the fact that the stock for this particular player has already been picked over pretty good and none of the remaining jerseys were right for at the financial commitment required. But Bob Malandro was fantastic throughout and a great reflection on Steiner.

Mike

Comment

• suave1477
      Banned
      • Jan 2006

Number9 do you mind if I ask you which player?

Comment

• Number9
        • Mar 2006

O'Neill.

I am pretty darned picky though. I want one with the O'Neill name tag on front, complete with all tags and patches, and shows good game use. If I am gonna pay a lot, I want it the way I want it. Bob has been fantastic about understanding that though and has tried to come up with ideas but nothing really works perfectly.
        There is 2000 road that is close, that I am still considering, but in 2000 they didn't have the name tags on lower front and that is one thing I really like/want.

Mike

Comment

• BULBUS
          • Nov 2005

Mike, I agree, Bob is great. I have been dealing with him for a few weeks now, and he has hooked me up with a couple of nice items. I had a couple of other reps at Steiner and they were terrible. Never answered my emails or returned my phone calls. Bob is the best though! If you are looking for a particular game used item from Steiner, give BOB MALANDRO a call.
          Chris

NY Giants, NY Yankees, Don Mattingly, Mattingly brand bats (any player)
          sigpic
          donnie23fan at yahoo.com

Comment

Working...