Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

I'm a Philly Eagles collector

My favorite and most valuable piece has to be my Game used painted trophy football given to Ron Jaworski after the 1980 NFC Championship Game. The ball has the jaws's name painted as well as the date, score, eagles and cowboys helmets, and a painted quote saying "A super Eagle going to the SuperBowl.

Some of my other favorite items include:
    Jeremiah Trotter game used jersey
    Hugh Douglas Game used jersey
    Wes Hopkins game used jersey
    Clyde Simmons game used jersey
    Byron Evans game used jersey

Re: Alright, who can top who

wow, thats pretty cool. Did you see the signature and inscription? I will be sure to get good pictures of that when I post them up, pretty amazing...

Banned

Actuallly its funny you mention that bcuz thats what they told me that there preparing this jersey to be sent to florida to have Jeter sign it. So I actually saw the jersey before it was signed. What was the inscription that Jeter put on there?

I found the past thread I started months ago about this jersey.

Derek Jeter's first ever yankees jersey!!!!! ( rookie jersey )

Thats the title of the thread look it up

hello,

Here goes:

- Alex Rodriguez Rawlings Game used Gold Glove Series w/ autograph and a very nice inscribtion. A perfect "10" Autograph. A-Rod LOA, MEARS, PSA/DNA.

- Alex Rodriguez 2000 Game used Mariners Home Jersey. MEARS

- Alex Rodriguez NY Yankess Home Jersey w/ A-Rod LOA.

- Pujols Game Used Sam Bat Signed and inscribed. PSA/DNA

- Lebron James Game Used Rookie Jersey. MEARS

Thanks.

Always looking to buy/sell/trade.

Eric Davis SF Giants black alternate jersey. Could have been worn the night Bonds broke the single-season HR record. Easily photo-matched, but I honestly don't know how many of these jerseys were issued per player.
    Willis Otanez Orioles 1999 road jersey. I believe this was worn in the game in Havana against the Cuban national team, but have never been able to find a photo match. It's the only Otanez #1 jersey I've ever seen (he is listed in the 1999 media guide as #52, which he wore in 1998, and wore #24 during the regular season.)
    There are others, but you get the idea. Great looking jerseys, of possible historic significance, purchased directly from the teams, that together cost less than a Jeter "game used" Kleenex would.

Mark Sutton
    bigtime39@aol.com

Banned

Bigtime just to correct you, the Eric Davis jersey you have is not photo matching its called photo likeness. Photo matching is when you can match the exact jersey you have to an exact photo or video or something of that nature. An example would be if you see a scuff mark on it and you see the same exact scuff mark on the jersey in the photo. That would be a photo match.

Quote Originally Posted by suave1477
    photo likeness
    I know we're talking about Eric Davis Giants alternate...but where is this photo that doesn't "match" ?

The term "likeness" leads one to believe that we're speaking of Eric Davis' twin brother or look-a-like.

Banned

That would be a style match. You can match the jerseys to the same style of jersey, but can not exactly photo match the jersey.

More on the Davis jersey:
    Davis only played in 74 games in 2001, his final season in the majors. I don't know how many Friday night home games he appeared in, but I do know he played in the game where Bonds broke the single-season HR record, since I watched at least part of the game on TV, and recall seeing Davis playing the field in that game. The jersey shows evidence of light use, and washing. The numbers show minimal puckering, but the Russell jock tag, size and alteration tags show puckering, and the size and alteration tags show some discoloration. The purchased from SF Giants stamp is on the jock tag. So, style match would be easy, exact match would be hard, as the jersey just didn't get that beat up.

I may have posted these before but I have 4 GU Gary Carter milestone bats: 900th RBI,1500 hit, 250th hr, 5 home runs in 2 game to tie a major league record. These bats were given to a gentleman by Gary for his support for the Leukemia Society of which Gary is a spokesperson.
    Attached Images Attached Images