Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Alright, who can top who

David,
    That 250th home run bat is one of the only items that I've ever sold and regretted afterwards. I'm glad it's in your collection, very impressive!

Abe

Quote Originally Posted by Kid4hof03
    David,
    That 250th home run bat is one of the only items that I've ever sold and regretted afterwards. I'm glad it's in your collection, very impressive!

Abe

Thanks Abe.. I was glad to be able to get this bat and keep most of them in one collection. God Bless you My Friend.

There are actually 2 more milestone bats in existence that I know of which came from the same collector: 32nd homerun (personal high) and 15th and 16th home in 1985 to set break Mets record for catchers.

Anyone have those bats and willing to sell please contact me!

No milestones in my collection but a few favorites.

A Manny Ramirez and David Ortiz bat from the last week of the regular season in 2004. The great part about the Manny bat are the pieces of grass stuck to the pine tar and he signed his full name.

Staying with the Boston theme two chairs from the Boston Garden with Parquet #'s 8 & 9 (Yastzemski and Ted Williams).

Yastrzemski.....missed the "r" at 3 am.

Banned

As most Forum readers know, my focus is on the Philadelphia Phillies. As such, one of my most prized items has to be my Tug McGraw 1980 World Series ring. He had to sell it in 1981 to pay off a huge bet. It is simply AMAZING, and one of the few items I would never consider selling.

A close second is my all original Phillies 1949 Ed Miller jersey and pants. This is an extremely difficult style to find.

Howard Wolf
    hblakewolf@patmedia.net

WStiles

Howard - The McGraw ring and Miller uniform are absolutely fantastic! Phillies gu helmets have become my main interest over the last couple of years. One, because I was about 9-10 years old when they started wearing them, so I can associate my interest in baseball starting about that same time. Only collecting these helmets for a relatively short time, I've been collecting more by type than trying to build an extensive numerical collection. To date I have a little over 20 helmets:

A Elmer Valo 60's hat with Valo's helmet insert that fits inside the sweat band.

Both style 60's helmets belonging to Cookie Rojas & Richie Allen

3 styles of 70's helmets, 2 of them of Larry Bowa & Greg Luzinski

80's helmets of Mike Schmidt, Pete Rose, & Steve Carlton

Turn back the Clock helmets of Dale Murphy, Jim Thome, Bobby Abreu, Mickey Morandini, & Dave Hollins

Recent helmets of Scott Rolen, 94 red John Kruk, 94 blue Jim Eisenreich, 911 flag Marlon Anderson, & Red Cross Katrina David Bell

catcher helmets 94 blue Darren Daulton, red Darren Daulton, and a TBC of Steve Lake

Of lesser interest on this board I collect wedge base nodders from the late 60's early 70's and the last set from Japan. A fourteen nodder set 6 are considered impossible to find. I have 4 of the 6 and need 2 to complete the set. The Phillies are one of the six. I have two of them.

I'm always looking to add to or upgrade. If anybody has anything they are interested in moving, please contact me at cshort41@yahoo.com

Thank!
    Wayne

While maybe not the most valuable or visualy attractive piece in our collection, the one with the most historical value is the single 1960-'61 Denver Broncos gold & brown vertically stripped stocking (see below or 2nd image at URL http://endzone.pscoggin.com/history.htm).

I was able to obtain this indirectly from Larry Fessler, who retired as the managing sports editor for the Buffalo Daily News. He'd received it as a gift in 1962 from, then Broncos' coach, Jack Faulkner. Faulkner who staged the infamous uniform bonfire during the '62 preseason intersquad game, held back a few pair of the socks for give-aways to the media and VIPs; at that time, Fessler was the beat writer for the Buffalo Bills and received one. Having held onto in for nearly 40 years, I was able to add it to our collection.

Regards,
    Patrick W. Scoggin
    Endzone Sports Charities
    www.EndzoneSportsCharities.org

I'm enjoying this thread...I have quite a number of Orioles Game Used pieces, but I also collect original lineup cards (which include Ripken's consecutive games #1000 & #2500), but the one item that most people who come to see my collection ask specifically to see is the home plate umpire's line-up card from Game # 1 of the 1996 ALCS (the infamous Jeffrey Maier game). It's neat in that on the back, the umpire has noted that the game is being played under protest by the Orioles. I've had Tony Tarasco autograph it and I'm still mulling over whether or not to have Maier sign it as well (or Richie Garcia for that matter). I had read recently that Maier was a decent college baseball player and had hopes of being drafted, but wasn't.

My most significant or unusual item is a pair of shorts that Goose Gossage wore during the infamous shorts game with the White Sox on August 8, 1976. I've only seen two other pair in the last ten years and those were in the Hall of Fame and the White Sox Hall of Fame.

Mike

Probably not a big deal to most but for me it's the gem of my small collection. I just purchased and have received a '95 Bob Wickman Yankees pinstripe gamer from Steiner Sports. Best part ? Purchased it for $100. A Yankee home gamer has always been my baseball grail.This one's a keeper!
    Paul