Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Re: Alright, who can top who

Quote Originally Posted by psmachetti
    Probably not a big deal to most but for me it's the gem of my small collection. I just purchased and have received a '95 Bob Wickman Yankees pinstripe gamer from Steiner Sports. Best part ? Purchased it for $100. A Yankee home gamer has always been my baseball grail.This one's a keeper!
    Paul
    Paul - Why was Steiner only asking $100? That's a steal!

Tim

I have a few more recent items of players I like:

2003 Matt Morris signed game worn Cardinals home jersey which I believe to be from the game he gave up Griffey's 500th HR

2004 Kameron Loe Texas Rangers first ever game worn jersey (MeiGray certs, too)

2003 Michael Young Texas Rangers game used helmet (MeiGray cert)

What I believe to be the largest collection of Doug Davis game worn jerseys (around 10, I think) as well as over 25 autographs of his. He's the #2 starter in the Brewers rotation.

Overall, nothing like a Ty Cobb or Babe Ruth gamer but pieces that are special to me!

Tim

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by bigtime59
    More on the Davis jersey:
    Davis only played in 74 games in 2001, his final season in the majors. I don't know how many Friday night home games he appeared in, but I do know he played in the game where Bonds broke the single-season HR record, since I watched at least part of the game on TV, and recall seeing Davis playing the field in that game. The jersey shows evidence of light use, and washing. The numbers show minimal puckering, but the Russell jock tag, size and alteration tags show puckering, and the size and alteration tags show some discoloration. The purchased from SF Giants stamp is on the jock tag. So, style match would be easy, exact match would be hard, as the jersey just didn't get that beat up.
    Well here is something interesting VintageAuthentics claims to have your jersey too!!!!

How many 2001 Game Used alternates of a Limited season can be out there??????????

http://vintageauthentics.at.truition...aunbr=70391028

Quote Originally Posted by suave1477
    Well here is something interesting VintageAuthentics claims to have your jersey too!!!!

How many 2001 Game Used alternates of a Limited season can be out there??????????

http://vintageauthentics.at.truition...aunbr=70391028
    The jersey on Vintage is the road alternate. I have the home alternate. Interestingly enough, unlike their jersey, mine is a size 44, w/ no extra body length, but with extra sleeve length. The purchased from the giants stamp is right there on the jock tag of my jersey, too...hmmmmm.

I own the first ever jersey that Vladimir Guerrero wore as a professional player in the United States. The jersey is from 1994 when he was with the Gulf Coast Expos in the Rookie League. I have a letter from the team documenting the jersey as well as pictures with him wearing it. I am also now proud to say that I have Guerrero's first two professional jerseys as I just picked up his 1995 Albany Polecats gameused jersey. I am now looking for his 1996 Harrisburg Senators game used jersey as well as his 1996/1997 West Palm Beach Expos jersey to complete the collection.

Probably not one of the most exciting items on here. But, when I heard you talking about the '95 Wickman jersey. I had to jump in. About 8 years
    ago, I made a trade with a fellow Thome collector. I traded 3 Thome game used bats for one of his '95 World Series jerseys. It is the white home one. It has the Russell diamond collection tag Size 46 , with the '95 year tag, along with 100% poly tag sewn between. It's cool because they attached the World Series patch over the Jacobs Field patch on the right sleeve. I also have a '95 Worth gamer . I have only seen two. The other one was cracked. I'd post pictures of each. But I'm not sure how.