Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • d2ray13
    • Feb 2006

Alright, who can top who

With all the pieces out there, and the many readers of GameUsedForum.com, who has the most amazing, significant, unbelievable piece? Whether it is an ARod hr bat, or a Babe Ruth game used jersey, let's hear some!
  • PGriffin
    • Feb 2006

Re: Alright, who can top who

I have posted photos of these bats on the forum already, but my greatest find ever was 4 game used 1940-50's era bats for $300.00 at an estate auction. This was right before Christmas and couldnt have been a better gift. They didnt know what they had and I dont think anyone else there did either when I walked away with an Mel Ott 016 gamer, as well as a Dom DiMaggio 031 gamer as well. The two other bats were a bat with DURST in block letters, and an Enos Slaughter bat which I traded away. Probably the greatest find I will ever have. These came out of a former players estate, but the auction company did not know whose.

Comment

• suave1477
      Banned
      • Jan 2006

2 items I am personally proud of not that they are anything big to anyone else I have a Game Used Yankees 2000 World Series bat ( a peice of history since it was the first subway series in about 50 years ). Also my favorite I have Darryl Strawberrys Very First Game Used Yankee Jersey.

I have tons of other stuff too but my hands will get tired of typing lol lol

Comment

• 34swtns
        • Apr 2006

Ok, this will only amuse the NFL guys but here goes.......
        Herman Moore Det. Lions game worn home jersey
        Neal Anderson Bears game worn home jersey
        Dave Moore Bucs game worn home and away jerseys
        Larry Moore Colts game worn home and away jerseys
        Game used football from Bears-Packers New Soldier Field inaugural game
        George Halas signed autobiography

I know, not very impressive but it's a start.

Comment

• d2ray13
          • Feb 2006

I was kinda mad, not a lot of people replied, but oh well. Here goes my shot, like many, I collect Alex, Derek, and a little bit others here and there. But I have invested so much into Alex and Derek, it really is not funny! Here are some amazing items I have:

Alex Rodriguez 2004 "Z" fielder's glove, used in every game

Alex Rodriguez 2005 #1 glove, used in every game

Alex's rookie away jersey

Derek's first ever yankee jersey, an amazing piece. Derek came into the league, into the Yankee's organization, and was a nobody. Therefore, nobody's don't get there own jersey. This was tagged as a b. williams 94 jersey, with the number 7 patch ripped off, (outline still visible), and the black band honoring mantle ripped off (still visible.)

Two of my most amazing pieces is Alex's first ever yankee batting helmet, cracked, after he threw it against a boston series, and his 2005 cracked yankee helmet, where he hit number 400, the amaing game vs. anaheim, and the longest hr in yankee stadium (hr. 34)

Along with dozen's of hr bats from Alex, and gamer's from derek, this collection I have put together is pretty awesome.

I hope to hear more collections!!!

Comment

• Eric
            • Jan 1970

Originally posted by d2ray13
            Derek's first ever yankee jersey, an amazing piece. Derek came into the league, into the Yankee's organization, and was a nobody. Therefore, nobody's don't get there own jersey. This was tagged as a b. williams 94 jersey, with the number 7 patch ripped off, (outline still visible), and the black band honoring mantle ripped off (still visible.)
            Nice going. How bout some pics of the Jeter. Sounds museum-worthy

Don't despair- these things take time. Maybe once you post your pics, maybe more people will jump into this thread.

I'll throw in a couple of my gems as well....
            Eric
            Always looking for game used San Diego Chargers items...

Comment

• d2ray13
              • Feb 2006

Sounds good, thanks for the advice, i will get some pics of the arod batting helmet too, that is pretty amazing as well...

thanks

Comment

• suave1477
                Banned
                • Jan 2006

D2RAY13 im curious where did you buy the Jeter jersey from?

Comment

• d2ray13
                  • Feb 2006

from the steiner sports archives!

i have a guy that hooks me up with a bunch of derek's jerseys...

Comment

• suave1477
                    Banned
                    • Jan 2006

d2ray i thought so i was there when you bought it and they were packaging it. Its funny i mentioned you in a past thread about buying that jersey.

Comment

• kjjavic
                      • Dec 2005

I'm a Philly Eagles collector

My favorite and most valuable piece has to be my Game used painted trophy football given to Ron Jaworski after the 1980 NFC Championship Game. The ball has the jaws's name painted as well as the date, score, eagles and cowboys helmets, and a painted quote saying "A super Eagle going to the SuperBowl.

Some of my other favorite items include:
                      Jeremiah Trotter game used jersey
                      Hugh Douglas Game used jersey
                      Wes Hopkins game used jersey
                      Clyde Simmons game used jersey
                      Byron Evans game used jersey

Comment

• d2ray13
                        • Feb 2006

wow, thats pretty cool. Did you see the signature and inscription? I will be sure to get good pictures of that when I post them up, pretty amazing...

Comment

• suave1477
                          Banned
                          • Jan 2006

Actuallly its funny you mention that bcuz thats what they told me that there preparing this jersey to be sent to florida to have Jeter sign it. So I actually saw the jersey before it was signed. What was the inscription that Jeter put on there?

I found the past thread I started months ago about this jersey.

Derek Jeter's first ever yankees jersey!!!!! ( rookie jersey )

Thats the title of the thread look it up

Comment

• sanook123
                            • Jan 2006

hello,

Here goes:

- Alex Rodriguez Rawlings Game used Gold Glove Series w/ autograph and a very nice inscribtion. A perfect "10" Autograph. A-Rod LOA, MEARS, PSA/DNA.

- Alex Rodriguez 2000 Game used Mariners Home Jersey. MEARS

- Alex Rodriguez NY Yankess Home Jersey w/ A-Rod LOA.

- Pujols Game Used Sam Bat Signed and inscribed. PSA/DNA

- Lebron James Game Used Rookie Jersey. MEARS

Thanks.

Always looking to buy/sell/trade.

Comment

• bigtime59
                              • Nov 2005

Eric Davis SF Giants black alternate jersey. Could have been worn the night Bonds broke the single-season HR record. Easily photo-matched, but I honestly don't know how many of these jerseys were issued per player.
                              Willis Otanez Orioles 1999 road jersey. I believe this was worn in the game in Havana against the Cuban national team, but have never been able to find a photo match. It's the only Otanez #1 jersey I've ever seen (he is listed in the 1999 media guide as #52, which he wore in 1998, and wore #24 during the regular season.)
                              There are others, but you get the idea. Great looking jerseys, of possible historic significance, purchased directly from the teams, that together cost less than a Jeter "game used" Kleenex would.

Mark Sutton
                              bigtime39@aol.com
                              Mark
                              msutton59@gmail.com

Comment

Working...