Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Smile Alright, who can top who

With all the pieces out there, and the many readers of GameUsedForum.com, who has the most amazing, significant, unbelievable piece? Whether it is an ARod hr bat, or a Babe Ruth game used jersey, let's hear some!

Re: Alright, who can top who

I have posted photos of these bats on the forum already, but my greatest find ever was 4 game used 1940-50's era bats for $300.00 at an estate auction. This was right before Christmas and couldnt have been a better gift. They didnt know what they had and I dont think anyone else there did either when I walked away with an Mel Ott 016 gamer, as well as a Dom DiMaggio 031 gamer as well. The two other bats were a bat with DURST in block letters, and an Enos Slaughter bat which I traded away. Probably the greatest find I will ever have. These came out of a former players estate, but the auction company did not know whose.

Banned

2 items I am personally proud of not that they are anything big to anyone else I have a Game Used Yankees 2000 World Series bat ( a peice of history since it was the first subway series in about 50 years ). Also my favorite I have Darryl Strawberrys Very First Game Used Yankee Jersey.

I have tons of other stuff too but my hands will get tired of typing lol lol

Ok, this will only amuse the NFL guys but here goes.......
    Herman Moore Det. Lions game worn home jersey
    Neal Anderson Bears game worn home jersey
    Dave Moore Bucs game worn home and away jerseys
    Larry Moore Colts game worn home and away jerseys
    Game used football from Bears-Packers New Soldier Field inaugural game
    George Halas signed autobiography

I know, not very impressive but it's a start.

I was kinda mad, not a lot of people replied, but oh well. Here goes my shot, like many, I collect Alex, Derek, and a little bit others here and there. But I have invested so much into Alex and Derek, it really is not funny! Here are some amazing items I have:

Alex Rodriguez 2004 "Z" fielder's glove, used in every game

Alex Rodriguez 2005 #1 glove, used in every game

Alex's rookie away jersey

Derek's first ever yankee jersey, an amazing piece. Derek came into the league, into the Yankee's organization, and was a nobody. Therefore, nobody's don't get there own jersey. This was tagged as a b. williams 94 jersey, with the number 7 patch ripped off, (outline still visible), and the black band honoring mantle ripped off (still visible.)

Two of my most amazing pieces is Alex's first ever yankee batting helmet, cracked, after he threw it against a boston series, and his 2005 cracked yankee helmet, where he hit number 400, the amaing game vs. anaheim, and the longest hr in yankee stadium (hr. 34)

Along with dozen's of hr bats from Alex, and gamer's from derek, this collection I have put together is pretty awesome.

I hope to hear more collections!!!

Quote Originally Posted by d2ray13
    Derek's first ever yankee jersey, an amazing piece. Derek came into the league, into the Yankee's organization, and was a nobody. Therefore, nobody's don't get there own jersey. This was tagged as a b. williams 94 jersey, with the number 7 patch ripped off, (outline still visible), and the black band honoring mantle ripped off (still visible.)
    Nice going. How bout some pics of the Jeter. Sounds museum-worthy

Don't despair- these things take time. Maybe once you post your pics, maybe more people will jump into this thread.

I'll throw in a couple of my gems as well....
    Eric

Sounds good, thanks for the advice, i will get some pics of the arod batting helmet too, that is pretty amazing as well...

thanks

Banned

D2RAY13 im curious where did you buy the Jeter jersey from?

from the steiner sports archives!

i have a guy that hooks me up with a bunch of derek's jerseys...

Banned

d2ray i thought so i was there when you bought it and they were packaging it. Its funny i mentioned you in a past thread about buying that jersey.