Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pujols SAM Bat

Pujols SAM Bat

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&i tem=260450475958

The thing that caught my eye about this SAM (and also a black one that I know the seller has) is that the lettering on the bat doesn't match typical SAM bats...'Rideau Crusher' is in all caps, which I've never seen before.

The date matches another Pujols (see shoremen44's post #5 at http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_f...ad.php?t=23502 ), made on 5/24/2001.

Is it a trophy bat or something? I attempt to collect SAM Bats from all time frames, and I've just never seen one with the lettering that way...

Re: Pujols SAM Bat

That has to be a fake. That person also sold a braun fielding glove saying it was from the world classic. Funny about that it didnt match any of the pictures I have of braun. Also the Braun Sam bat doesnt match either. Auto is funny looking as well.

I've never seen a pujols sam bat with the gold labeling....or any sam bat for that matter. I'd say this is most likely not a game used bat. Hence the low starting bid, and no one has bothered to bid on it.

Based on the Braun the seller also has, I'd guess that these are bats made by SAM just for charity stuff. The player hits a few balls with it, signs it, then sends it over to a charity. I think it's unlikely that someone could completely fake a SAM with the same date and measurements matching a legit Pujols, but I also think it's unlikely that Pujols would use a different styled bat in a real game...

I wish there was a photo of just the name area and font. I'd be happy to check it against my Rideau Crushers of the same time period. Have you asked the seller for more photos?

Quote Originally Posted by cordovacollector View Post
    I wish there was a photo of just the name area and font. I'd be happy to check it against my Rideau Crushers of the same time period. Have you asked the seller for more photos?
    Not yet...I was hoping that someone might've seen the different kind of lettering before. I just emailed a friend who's a true expert on SAM bats, so hopefully he can shed some light.

Considering shoremen44's Pujols made the same day with the same info has 'regular' lettering, I'm still thinking this must be the equivalent of a player-requested trophy bat or something.

Don't know what that is, but it's not a gamer, especially from 2001. The autograph doesn't look legit, either.

Fake. Fake. Fake. Braun and Pujols bats, both of 'em. Buyers beware!

The seller has also sold this:

Five Wood Maple Baseball Bats - 34"
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=400058758577

In the description they state:

These bats are unfinished (need to be sanded, trimmed & sealed) and look like they were just taken off the lathe. They would be ideal for engraving your name into them to personalize your own bats, or even as trophy awards! They also make a wonderful display as is. A great conversation piece!!!

There is also a photo of plenty of bats.

Interesting.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    TFig27 - NY Yankees Collector
    A. Boone - R. Cano - N. Swisher - T. Martinez - P. O'Neill - E. Hinske
    J. Damon - R. Brogna - D. Bragg - W. Upshaw - K. Farnsworth

Quote Originally Posted by TFig27 View Post
    The seller has also sold this:

Five Wood Maple Baseball Bats - 34"
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=400058758577

In the description they state:

These bats are unfinished (need to be sanded, trimmed & sealed) and look like they were just taken off the lathe. They would be ideal for engraving your name into them to personalize your own bats, or even as trophy awards! They also make a wonderful display as is. A great conversation piece!!!

There is also a photo of plenty of bats.

Interesting.
    The seller actually BOUGHT those. However, the description includes that These bats have obvious flaws, i.e. knot marks, dark grain marks, split lines, or warps.