Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

I Can No Longer Keep My Opinion About Michael Vick To Myself!

I Can No Longer Keep My Opinion About Michael Vick To Myself!

As a prior Legal Officer, it really irrates me to see that Michael Vick comitted a crime, served his punishment for his crime, and then society wants to keep him down and hold it against him, without giving him an opportunity to prove himself first.

What happened to society wanting to punish people for their crimes, then wanting them to come back to society and do good things? Don't we need to give them an opporunity to do so first, before we hold them down immediately after they completed their punishment?

I'm realize people aren't perfect. They make mistakes and definately make bad choices. And if they do, they are punished. In Michael Vicks case, he did wrong, served his punishment, now lets give him an opportunity to do right.

If Vick was a repeated offender, after society gave him numerous opportunities to do right, then bash him. Then don't trust him. In Vicks case, we haven't given him that opportunity to see what good things he can/will do. How about doing so first, before we continue to hold him down for his past mistake, and before he has an opportuntity to do good.

Do I defend him for what he did? Of course not! But he served him punishment. Let's stop continuing to punish him!

Regards, Tony

Re: I Can No Longer Keep My Opinion About Michael Vick To Myself!

I'm not really familiar with what's been going on recently with the case, I know he served his time and such. How is he being "held down" and punished as you say? If you mean that people are talking badly about him than that's not a punishment, but an opinion. Can you elaborate as to what's happened to him after his sentence that's unfair? Ricardo
    Ricardo Montoya

ri.montoya at yahoo dot com

Quote Originally Posted by spartakid View Post
    I'm not really familiar with what's been going on recently with the case, I know he served his time and such. How is he being "held down" and punished as you say? If you mean that people are talking badly about him than that's not a punishment, but an opinion. Can you elaborate as to what's happened to him after his sentence that's unfair? Ricardo
    NFL...NFL has the right to do as they want...as it's a business. They owe Vick nothing. But my opinion is that Vick served his punishment for his crime, and don't believe the NFL should still continue to hold it against him. The thing he did do to the NFL and the Falcons was lie to them. I would just hope they would give him an opportunity to learn from his mistake and not hold it against him.

Just my opinion.

Regards, Tony

So are they not allowing him to play anymore?
    Ricardo Montoya

Outside of Vicks situation, it happens in many other situations. People make mistakes, and it's held against them forever.

I beleive if you are a repeated offender, then you deserve everything you get. You had an opportunity to learn from your mistake, then do right. If not, then you get what you get.

I guess that's my point. Whether Vice or anyone else. After a first offense, give them an opportunity to move foward.

Regards, Tony

So are they not allowing him to play anymore?
    Not yet. That's still being debated. I just hope they give him an opportunity to move on and prove himself.

Regards, Tony

Well like I said I don't know the specifics of the case because I don't closely follow football, but like you said it's a business. Vick blatantly lied and I'm sure cost the team a lot of money. I personally have a problem with the type of crime. Although I believe it's not considered a violent crime because it wasn't against humans, it takes a certain kind of person to do what he did. Fighting dogs for FUN, disgusting. Frankly, no one probably wants him on there team because of the public backlash they'll face. I agree that he's served his time, but I think someone that virtually kills for fun, deserves whatever happens to them even after they've been released from prison. Vick knew what he was doing, he's a grown man, and he got caught... The thing that really annoys me is that someone who has so much, decides they are going to throw it all (or at least a lot) away by doing something so idiotic. It's really pitiful, but as you can see I don't feel bad for him whatsoever.
    Ricardo Montoya

As stated, as a prior Legal Officer, I've seen it so many times. Sailors committed offense, were punished, and it was continuously held agianst them. How can someone move forward and do good, when everyone reminds them of what they did wrong, and holds it against them.

I just believe in giving people an opportunity to improve themselves, after doing wrong. That's all.

Regards, Tony

Well like I said I don't know the specifics of the case because I don't closely follow football, but like you said it's a business. Vick blatantly lied and I'm sure cost the team a lot of money. I personally have a problem with the type of crime. Although I believe it's not considered a violent crime because it wasn't against humans, it takes a certain kind of person to do what he did. Fighting dogs for FUN, disgusting. Frankly, no one probably wants him on there team because of the public backlash they'll face. I agree that he's served his time, but I think someone that virtually kills for fun, deserves whatever happens to them even after they've been released from prison. Vick knew what he was doing, he's a grown man, and he got caught... The thing that really annoys me is that someone who has so much, decides they are going to throw it all (or at least a lot) away by doing something so idiotic. It's really pitiful, but as you can see I don't feel bad for him whatsoever.
    I agree with you 100%, and am in no way downplaying the crime Vick committed. My point only is, he comitted a crime, served his punishment, now let's give him an opportunity to do right.

Regards, Tony

Certainly, I hope he does turn his life around, but it's going to take a lot for people to forgive him, if they ever will at all...
    Ricardo Montoya