Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thoughts On Rookie Jack Lambert Jersey

There is a rookie jack lambert jersey on vintage authentics right now.I think it looks great.And just would like to know what people's thoughts are on it.As being a steelers fan and a huge lambert fan i have'nt seen very many lambert game used items especially jerseys.And i have never seen a "rookie" anything of his.I know there has been a post on here about lambert game used jersey's before.So i'm hoping those same people will give me thier insight about this jersey.I am stubid when it comes to computers.So im sorry i could'nt include a link to the auction here.Maybe someone smarter can post one for all to see the jersey.

Re: Thoughts On Rookie Jack Lambert Jersey

here you go buddy.
    Attached Images Attached Images     
    Regards,
    Joel S.
    joelsabi @ gmail.com
    Wanted: Alex Rodriguez Game Used Items and other unique artifacts, 1992 thru 1998 only. From High School to Early Mariners.

Thanks there joelsabi-

First thing that jumps out at me is that the NOB is not centered above the "58" equally.....it's off centered to the left.

Find rookie pictures of Lambert and see if you can picture match that flaw....

Quote Originally Posted by suicide_squeeze View Post
    First thing that jumps out at me is that the NOB is not centered above the "58" equally.....it's off centered to the left.
    I think that is just the way it is, because the way it fits on the mannequin.
    From the info I have learned from this forum, the spacing between the letters on the NOB is on point.

Hi,

Also, the description states that the nameplate was removed and then re-attached. Doesn't say/don't know if that was done during the season, after the season, years later...so I wouldn't focus on how the nameplate was centered over the numbers as we don't know when it was reattached.

Thanks,

Tom

This is a great looking jersey but I really dislike the nameplate. Looks just like the back of a couple of recent replicas on ebay. There's a great shot of Lambert in a 74 rookie jersey with original nameplate on this youtube video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aSoyEH36hIU

This is the NFL films top-10 drafts, Steelers 74 #1. Lambert shot is later in the video, maybe 3:00 or so in. Maybe someone can do a screengrab. The "M" is clearly slanted-wide rather than straight-vertical. And, it's centered and slightly higher than this one. Jersey looks great to me but I wouldn't be surprised if this nameplate was years after the fact, and how can you authenticate that the nameplate was really put back on by the team. But I'm no expert!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by genius View Post
    This is a great looking jersey but I really dislike the nameplate. Looks just like the back of a couple of recent replicas on ebay. There's a great shot of Lambert in a 74 rookie jersey with original nameplate on this youtube video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aSoyEH36hIU

This is the NFL films top-10 drafts, Steelers 74 #1. Lambert shot is later in the video, maybe 3:00 or so in. Maybe someone can do a screengrab. The "M" is clearly slanted-wide rather than straight-vertical. And, it's centered and slightly higher than this one. Jersey looks great to me but I wouldn't be surprised if this nameplate was years after the fact, and how can you authenticate that the nameplate was really put back on by the team. But I'm no expert!
    These videos will use clips from any year, no guarantee they're from his rookie year.

Clearly his rookie year, due to the diamond-point 5 that is obvious on the video.

The one question i have,(and hopefully one of the experts on here can help me) is why would you remove the name plate on it? I guess i don't understand the purpose of that.And where did this name plate come from?Did it come from another lambert jersey from the same year or different year or is it not even from a game used jersey.Because if it was custom made for the jersey and never actually wore on a jersey then why would you put it on it.I mean was this done alot with jerseys in that era.Where they took off the name plates on them after the season's or something.Some insight would be great.I know there are jersey experts on here and would love to hear from them.I am in no way questioning this jersey's authenticity,i am just asking why add a name plate on it if it did'nt have one on it.Just sell it as it was.thanks