Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

A-ROD Turn Ahead the Clock JErsey

http://cgi.ebay.com/Alex-Rodriguez-A...3A1%7C294%3A50

It does not look like the same jersey that are in the photos. The "3" does not seem to have same placement compared to the picture of A-Rod wearing it.

Anyone else agree or disagree?

Banned

Re: A-ROD Turn Ahead the Clock JErsey

Besides the number not matching up. The Autograph doesn't appear to be real either.

But maybe 3arod13 can help out on this?

Yeah,i have to agree that the jersey seems a little off to me from the one of him wearing it.The number #3 does'nt seem to match the same location.It could just be the camera angle.But even the middle star (or whatever that is)seems to be thicker than the one that the seller is selling.But again that could be the angle of the picture.And as far as the autograph.I have two signed alex rodriguez items.I have a mini batting helmet i bought and a baseball that i got signed in-person myself and that autograph does not look like either of mine.But then mine were in his current yankee days and this one was before that.And i'm sure his autograph has changed threw the seasons.

This jersey was offered on the forum before.

http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_f...uristic+jersey

I informed the seller about the placement of the "3" and I got this response:

"Hi Kyle
    Thank you for pointing this out to me, I had never bought
    anything with the intent to sell it but to hand down to my boys
    some day, with that being said I will need to now go back to the
    company if they are still in business to find out why the jersey
    appears to be different.. so I again say thanks for the heads up,
    I would never want to knowingly pass this on to someone else.
    Eddie"

Quote Originally Posted by kylehess10 View Post
    I informed the seller about the placement of the "3" and I got this response:

"Hi Kyle
    Thank you for pointing this out to me, I had never bought
    anything with the intent to sell it but to hand down to my boys
    some day, with that being said I will need to now go back to the
    company if they are still in business to find out why the jersey
    appears to be different.. so I again say thanks for the heads up,
    I would never want to knowingly pass this on to someone else.
    Eddie"
    Can you make out from the small photo what was the name of the company?
    Regards,
    Joel S.
    joelsabi @ gmail.com
    Wanted: Alex Rodriguez Game Used Items and other unique artifacts, 1992 thru 1998 only. From High School to Early Mariners.

On a side note. I was actually at that game. You could bid on the jerseys there at the game in a silent Auction.

Quote Originally Posted by Masimen View Post
    On a side note. I was actually at that game. You could bid on the jerseys there at the game in a silent Auction.
    hi masimen,

i know it was a long time ago but could you try to answer these questions. thanks in advance.

did they announce the silent auction during the game?

did you notice if the public announcer mentioned when the auction was over? sometimes its by the end of the 6th inning during the 7th inning stretch

did you notice if the players changed jersey at any point of the game? i notice in some photos griffey had his jersey tucked in and then other tucked out.

did you notice if you any one in the stands wearing these funky jerseys?

thanks
    Regards,
    Joel S.
    joelsabi @ gmail.com
    Wanted: Alex Rodriguez Game Used Items and other unique artifacts, 1992 thru 1998 only. From High School to Early Mariners.

Quote Originally Posted by joelsabi View Post
    hi masimen,

i know it was a long time ago but could you try to answer these questions. thanks in advance.

did they announce the silent auction during the game?

did you notice if the public announcer mentioned when the auction was over? sometimes its by the end of the 6th inning during the 7th inning stretch

did you notice if the players changed jersey at any point of the game? i notice in some photos griffey had his jersey tucked in and then other tucked out.

did you notice if you any one in the stands wearing these funky jerseys?

thanks
    Hey Joel,
    I just emailed you but will put my responses up here for the rest of the forum to see.

-They did not announce the winners after the game. They basically had a little table set up on the concourse and you went and filled out your bid for the appropriate player and they were to contact you at a later date, I believe.

-I am fairly certain you were able to place bids throughout the entire game.

-Not sure about them changing Jerseys. I did not notice as they would have changed into the same style jerseys. The only odd thing I noticed was that the Mariners were allowed to wear their caps backwards and the Royals were not. I happened to be in Seattle that day and I had a friend who worked in the front office for the Royals. He was the one who told me his guys had to wear their caps properly.

-They were certainly selling the TATC hats, but I am not sure about the Jerseys. It was a long time ago. I would have to assume from a marketing standpoint though that they would have sold Jerseys as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Masimen View Post
    Hey Joel,
    I just emailed you but will put my responses up here for the rest of the forum to see.

-They did not announce the winners after the game. They basically had a little table set up on the concourse and you went and filled out your bid for the appropriate player and they were to contact you at a later date, I believe.

-I am fairly certain you were able to place bids throughout the entire game.

-Not sure about them changing Jerseys. I did not notice as they would have changed into the same style jerseys. The only odd thing I noticed was that the Mariners were allowed to wear their caps backwards and the Royals were not. I happened to be in Seattle that day and I had a friend who worked in the front office for the Royals. He was the one who told me his guys had to wear their caps properly.

-They were certainly selling the TATC hats, but I am not sure about the Jerseys. It was a long time ago. I would have to assume from a marketing standpoint though that they would have sold Jerseys as well.
    steve,

thanks for getting back to me. i did read that they gave away hats to the first 20000 to the game.

anyone know if they sold these jerseys retail too?
    Regards,
    Joel S.
    joelsabi @ gmail.com