Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

O/T: Vick is in, Rose maybe - This is a Bad Day

Ugh. Vick has been reinstated. Can play in 2 preseason games and participate in all activities but cannot play until October.

Selig considering letting Pete Rose back in, who has been a model of bad behavior of how NOT to get back in.

What a lousy day. I'm gonna go back to bed and cover my head with a blanket in case the sky starts falling.

Re: O/T: Vick is in, Rose maybe - This is a Bad Day

By the way, the Vick reinstatement news was on FOX news around 2:30-40 pm CST.

Yes!
    I collect Jay Bruce and Cincinnati Reds Minor League stuff

My email address: hakes89@gmail.com

About time for Vick. I am no Vick fan but he has served his time. What more do people want from him, his head? Plus IMO the government made an example of him. There are people who commit far worse crimes that get less time than Vick did. And that doesn't take into consideration all that he lost (money, personal possessions, dignity, ect...)

I think you could say the same thing about Pete Rose and baseball. He served his time. There is no denying that his accomplishments warrant his induction.
    Wanted: Minnesota Twins throwback or special event jerseys.

I'm a dog lover and never was much of a Vick fan (think he was over rated), but he did serve his time and he does deserve a second chance.

Rose should be in the Hall of Fame.

Thumbs up Re: O/T: Vick is in, Rose maybe - This is a Bad Day

Quote Originally Posted by sylbry View Post
    About time for Vick. I am no Vick fan but he has served his time. What more do people want from him, his head? Plus IMO the government made an example of him. There are people who commit far worse crimes that get less time than Vick did.
    I find it troubling that people think that there are much worse crimes than what Michael Vick did. The only fair punishment would have been to ban him from football for lifetime. By allowing someone as criminal as Vick, who drowned and electrocuted innocent dogs, back into the NFL, it is a public relations nightmare. The NFL would do a lot to improve its image if it would take the moral high ground on people like Vick and Pacman Jones, who are a blight upon the reputation of the sport.
    Les Zukor
    bagwellgameused@gmail.com
    Collecting Jeff Bagwell Cleats, Jerseys, & Other Items

http://www.bagwellgameused.com
    (617) 682-0408

I'm almost troubled that you haven't mentioned Dante Stallworth. Is it ok for him to only spend 24 days, of a 30 day sentence in jail for killing another HUMAN BEING!!!?? And I'm not sure there is proof that Vick himself did any drowning, torturing, etc. I know he was instrumental in the financial backing of the dog fighting, and was present for the fights, but not sure that he actually killed dogs himself? If there is evidence, I didn't hear of it. Although what Vick was participated in was horrible, he has served his time.

Well, perhaps no team will hire him. Sure gonna be a distraction.

Before Vick was associated with dogfighting, he was called the most overrated player in the NFL.
    Vick can't kick, punt or pass. As a quarterback he is marginal at best. I do not think he will ever play in the NFL, again. Not even Al Davis would take a chance on a 4th sting QB, or 3rd string RB.
    NFL players are like shark's teeth. When one falls out, there is a whole row, just as good, waiting to be used.

He deserves the same mercy those innocent dogs were given when they were shot, hanged, drowned and electrocuted. If I had any say in his punishment, he would rot in prison.