Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bonds' #714/715 HR Bat???

Okay, I've read what seems like an endless supply of opinions about the value of homerun ball #714 and 715. What I haven't heard mentioned even one time is the value of the bat(s) used to hit those homeruns. Any opinions on the value of those chunks of wood?

Kevin

Banned

Re: Bonds' #714/715 HR Bat???

Quote Originally Posted by ghostkid
    Okay, I've read what seems like an endless supply of opinions about the value of homerun ball #714 and 715. What I haven't heard mentioned even one time is the value of the bat(s) used to hit those homeruns. Any opinions on the value of those chunks of wood?

Kevin
    Kevin, if Barry will autograph them and place his personal hologram on them, I'll pay $35,000 each.

I figure if Chris Boyd won't sell his Roger Clemens Astros jersey for $35,000.00, then a game used record tying and breaking (most home runs by a lefty in MLB history) home run bat should be worth more than his Roger Clemens jersey.

Let me know if he is interested.

Isn't Barry very protective of his game used stuff. I guess people figure he won't be hawking it right away, probally why it doesn't come up. On the outside the lines piece on espn, they showed him and he has boxes and boxes of his game used stuff. I bet someday there is some huge Barry Bonds auction where he sell quite a bit of his stuff. They said he has bats, jerseys, balls..ect...dating back to his college days..........

I love this discussion about Bonds stuff. It makes me value the "common" stuff I already have even more.

I'd give $2000 for a Bonds bat and I would have to sleep on it before I spent that. I'm growing weary of "pieces of dirt from the mound," "chunks of dug-out bench"...

I'm taking Barry's advice and turning my attention to Albert Pujols.

Hey gang-

Small point for Bonds collectors...

Based on the Wall Street Journal article, if you don't buy something directly from Barry, do you run the risk of having the FBI show up at your door to confiscate the piece?

In the case of the Robert Edward Auction items, they even had Barry Bonds Authenticated stickers on the jersey, pants, hat and cleats and Bonds' people called the entire lot counterfeits.

This is certainly a new direction for the hobby.
    Eric

Bonds can keep his stuff if he does indeed still have "all" of it. As was implied in the article, apparently whatever g/u items the general public owns is subject to Barry's whimpering allegations of theft and fraud.

-Jason

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Eric
    Hey gang-

Small point for Bonds collectors...

Based on the Wall Street Journal article, if you don't buy something directly from Barry, do you run the risk of having the FBI show up at your door to confiscate the piece?

In the case of the Robert Edward Auction items, they even had Barry Bonds Authenticated stickers on the jersey, pants, hat and cleats and Bonds' people called the entire lot counterfeits.

This is certainly a new direction for the hobby.
    Eric
    Isn't it common for a player to call items fake once they stop talking to their cousin?

Any links to that article....

Bonds can keep all his equipment, and personally I feel for anyone who has spent high $$$ on the pricks stuff. There is high risk that this stuff will drop dramatically in price.

Such as the article that talked about the guy spending $25,000 on a 2001 jersey and lately selling it for $4400.00. WOW

I understand that people should buy equipment with plans of keeping it and not for a chance at financial gain, but people at least hope their stuff will hold its value.

Jason

Bonds can keep ALL of his game used as far as most collectors are concerned.