Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: ESPN - Jose Canseco Said He Knows A HOFer That Used. Who do you think it is?

It's absolutely positively Henderson.

And I'm sure the abuse lasted for many years.......MANY years.

He was a genetic freak alright.

Just not naturally. IMO.

Banned

Re: ESPN - Jose Canseco Said He Knows A HOFer That Used. Who do you think it is?

I have no evidence on this but how come no one has mentioned Nolan Ryan ? He played with Jose for 2 years. It is quite possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Fnazxc0114 View Post
    has he been wrong yet?
    He lied and lied for Roger Clemens. I sure wonder what other secrets he is conveniently keeping.
    Les Zukor
    bagwellgameused@gmail.com
    Collecting Jeff Bagwell Cleats, Jerseys, & Other Items

http://www.bagwellgameused.com
    (617) 682-0408

Quote Originally Posted by frikativ54 View Post
    He lied and lied for Roger Clemens. I sure wonder what other secrets he is conveniently keeping.
    That may be true, but has he ever lied about the subject that we're talking about? Besides the legal issues he'd face (not that he has much to take at this point) he would lose all credibility, which I believe he still has when it comes to steroids. I'm sure that he knows tons of people that used, which would lead me to believe that he doesn't have to lie about steroids. In other words he has enough good information, and it would be stupid of him to taint that with lies because if he were ever outright caught in a lie, we wouldn't believe or read anything else he had to say. I have no doubt that he is doing this for spiteful and selfish reasons, maybe even a combination of the two, but he has been reliable with the players he's named (to the best of my knowledge and someone correct me if he's been proven to be lying about someone using) and in the end that's what matters.
    Ricardo Montoya

ri.montoya at yahoo dot com

Quote Originally Posted by spartakid View Post
    That may be true, but has he ever lied about the subject that we're talking about?
    Yes - Didn't Canseco repeatedly say that Clemens was clean? Wasn't he willing to sign an affidavit saying that Clemens never tried steroids?

Or am I misremembering?
    Les Zukor
    bagwellgameused@gmail.com
    Collecting Jeff Bagwell Cleats, Jerseys, & Other Items

http://www.bagwellgameused.com
    (617) 682-0408

Its Reggie Jackson he's talking about 100 percent!

Second of all, Steroids isnt the only way to "cheat". Do you think guys like Wade Boggs, and Cal Ripken never took amphetimines? How do you explain playing for 20 odd years and never had taken something that is banned by baseball today. Steroids is one of MANY drugs players have been taking for a lot of years. I get tired of everyone thinking its just steroids. Guys have been taking testosterone, HGH, greenies, aderal, dexidren, ridlin, and every other drug they could get their hands on before testing was introduced. I can assume a lot more than one hall of fame player has taken one of the drugs i mentioned let alone snorted a line of coke.

You all know I'm a huge Canseco fan. With that said all this "I know but I'm not telling" stuff is getting old. I liked him better when he was just ratting people out and they were all mad. Canseco lot credibility with me when it became clear that he was outing certain guys and covering up for other guys. I think if you are going to start telling on people you should tell on them all. If not then keep your trap shut about it.

Oh yeah, for the record it better not be Rickey.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Carlevv View Post

Second of all, Steroids isnt the only way to "cheat". Do you think guys like Wade Boggs, and Cal Ripken never took amphetimines? How do you explain playing for 20 odd years and never had taken something that is banned by baseball today. Steroids is one of MANY drugs players have been taking for a lot of years. I get tired of everyone thinking its just steroids. Guys have been taking testosterone, HGH, greenies, aderal, dexidren, ridlin, and every other drug they could get their hands on before testing was introduced. I can assume a lot more than one hall of fame player has taken one of the drugs i mentioned let alone snorted a line of coke.

THANK YOU!!!!! I've felt the exact same. You have people on here talking about the "purity" of the game blah blah blah blah. It was not uncommon to have a bowl full of greenies in the clubhouse in the 50's-70's. Guys would take handfulls of that stuff. Its not steroids, yes, I know but when you're hurt and not feeling your best, just pop a few greenies and you're flying high, literally...or snort a line. Look at the coke heads in the game! I'm sure we all know who they are. I could care less whether some's juicing, or snorting coke or popping greenies like they're breathe mints. I love the game period. It pisses me off when I hear "cheater" and "purity of the game" when greenies isn't natural just like steriods aren't so get off your high horse, all those people who are holier than thou. Enjoy the game for its entertainment purposes. Look at the WWE. I enjoy the entertainment value. Its a guys soap opera. What about all of you people who speed on the free way, or cheat on a test....ooooooooo, you're a cheater, what about the purity of academics!! See how ridiculous that is?

Now for all you who like to argue, I am not saying everyone should do roids and pop greenies, just don't say the roid users are bad and let the greenie poppers get off like they are saints.

Aaron

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by frikativ54 View Post
    Yes - Didn't Canseco repeatedly say that Clemens was clean? Wasn't he willing to sign an affidavit saying that Clemens never tried steroids?

Or am I misremembering?

I agree with you. Did he protected Clemens in his book. I believe he's even said Clemens never even cheated on his wife and then the whole country singer fiasco came about.

I can't wait for his next fight. He'll probably get his arse whooped by another nobody.

Aaron

Quote Originally Posted by Carlevv View Post

Well said! I find it ridiculous that so many want to act as if it's only during this era that this type of cheating/conduct occurred.