Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Re: ESPN - Jose Canseco Said He Knows A HOFer That Used. Who do you think it is?

Possibly Tony Gwynn? (there, back on topic)

Re: ESPN - Jose Canseco Said He Knows A HOFer That Used. Who do you think it is?

Quote Originally Posted by 3arod13 View Post
    That is an interesting take, though when steroid hulk comes to mind, I just don't think of Gwynn.
    Les Zukor
    bagwellgameused@gmail.com
    Collecting Jeff Bagwell Cleats, Jerseys, & Other Items

http://www.bagwellgameused.com
    (617) 682-0408

Quote Originally Posted by 3arod13 View Post
    Actually, I have it on good authority that the Hall of Famer that Canseco was referring to was none other than Kenny Powers.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonM33 View Post
    Actually, I have it on good authority that the Hall of Famer that Canseco was referring to was none other than Kenny Powers.

Wow, unbelievable!
    Les Zukor
    bagwellgameused@gmail.com
    Collecting Jeff Bagwell Cleats, Jerseys, & Other Items

http://www.bagwellgameused.com
    (617) 682-0408

I get so tired of people "speculating" on who may have used drugs. If Canseco wants to point out somebody let him do it. All this is doing is throwing mud at people with out a lot to back it up. We might as well speculate whether the contributors to this thread create phony game used items since there are people in this hobby who do so you just might be one of them. This is exactly the logic that is being used in saying maybe this player did. The fact is there were players who used during the era and those that didn't. Probably the fact is that absesnt a test we won't have positve proof on those who did or didn't. I prefer to give the benefit of the doubt to players. Others suspicion everybody. But it does no good to point out people. Look at all the names here. Some of them may have used and I'm sure some didn't. But it is a total injustice to players who didn't use to throw their names out as users based on guesses and assumptions. This thread is getting on a year old and we still don't know who Canseco was talking about, if anybody really.

Banned

I think the point is who cares? Why wouldn't a player use PDAs? So many of his peers were doing it and these are the people he was competing against for money, a job and endorsements. When guys like Bonds, Mac and Sosa are putting up inhuman numbers while on PDAs why would someone try to do it "clean"? All the training and hard work in the world is not going to lead to a 65 homer season. In other sports PDAs are common such as the Tour De France and the NFL and noone makes much of a big deal about that. Baseball players are not saints they are men just like any other prone to taking shortcuts to get ahead. If someone told you that if you did X (which as with PDA use was not illegal but gave you an unfair edge over your coworkers who did not also do X) you would get a raise at your job, would you do it? I think people would be shocked if they knew you really used many of the guys who are on the "he was clean list" likely were not. Canseco is probably also wrong in that rather than one roid user in the Hall there are probably several already with more to come in the near future.

Quote Originally Posted by cjclong View Post
    I get so tired of people "speculating" on who may have used drugs. If Canseco wants to point out somebody let him do it. All this is doing is throwing mud at people with out a lot to back it up. We might as well speculate whether the contributors to this thread create phony game used items since there are people in this hobby who do so you just might be one of them. This is exactly the logic that is being used in saying maybe this player did. The fact is there were players who used during the era and those that didn't. Probably the fact is that absesnt a test we won't have positve proof on those who did or didn't. I prefer to give the benefit of the doubt to players. Others suspicion everybody. But it does no good to point out people. Look at all the names here. Some of them may have used and I'm sure some didn't. But it is a total injustice to players who didn't use to throw their names out as users based on guesses and assumptions. This thread is getting on a year old and we still don't know who Canseco was talking about, if anybody really.
    Exactly, this entire thread borders on slander.