Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

ESPN - Jose Canseco Said He Knows A HOFer That Used. Who do you think it is?

Rickey Henderson?

Re: ESPN - Jose Canseco Said He Knows A HOFer That Used. Who do you think it is?

I mentioned a guess once ... but I won't make that mistake again, even if I still believe it.

Re: ESPN - Jose Canseco Said He Knows A HOFer That Used. Who do you think it is?

he was teammates with boggs at the end of his career. none of the others really fit. unless barney dreyfuss was juicing back in the day

Quote Originally Posted by jwasserman View Post
    he was teammates with boggs at the end of his career. none of the others really fit. unless barney dreyfuss was juicing back in the day
    Reggie Jackson played in Oakland in 1987....
    Dave
    Looking for 1990's STL Cardinal starting pitcher's bats
    River City Redbird Authentics
    http://www.freewebs.com/bigtruck260/

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hope he mentions the player soon. To make the statement, but not share the name, serves no purpose.

You all realize there are many more players than the 104 who tested positive, right?

Quote Originally Posted by 3arod13 View Post

Rickey Henderson?
    If it's Rickey Henderson I think I'll give up being a baseball fan for good. I think Rickey was just a freak of nature who didn't need to juice.

Rickey would be my "guess (that's all it is, so please don't act like jerks and attack personally over it)". Canseco played with him and McGwire at the dawn of the juicing era...

Do I think that detracts from Rickey's overall ability or HOF credentials? No. Rickey is one of the greatest players of all time. That said, he's probably not one of the smartest players of all time, so it wouldn't shock me if he tried steroids via Canseco at some point in Oakland.

Boggs makes little sense (aside from the fact he was struggling to make 3,000 at the end), his body seemed too beaten down by the point he retired.

Quote Originally Posted by Dewey2007 View Post
    If it's Rickey Henderson I think I'll give up being a baseball fan for good. I think Rickey was just a freak of nature who didn't need to juice.
    Rickey needed steriods the way Barry Sanders needed them

I would think Rickey has a much higher self importance than to do steroids - or anything that would supposedly make him 'better'. He was born an athlete...he just chose to play baseball.
    Dave
    Looking for 1990's STL Cardinal starting pitcher's bats
    River City Redbird Authentics
    http://www.freewebs.com/bigtruck260/

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

If it is Rickey, which wouldn't be shocking to me. Do you think Canseco waited until after he was elected to bring this up, just to say he knows a Hall of Famer who juiced is in the hall. Not to hurt Rickey's chances.

Quote Originally Posted by Bondsgloves View Post
    If it is Rickey, which wouldn't be shocking to me. Do you think Canseco waited until after he was elected to bring this up, just to say he knows a Hall of Famer who juiced is in the hall. Not to hurt Rickey's chances.
    That kind of tactfulness on Canseco's part would be inconsistent with everything else he has said up to this point.

Rick
    rickjlucas@gmail.com