Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Banned

Mark Teiria bat flys into the stands BUT fan gets a Game Issued!!!

Tex takes a huge swing and by accident lets go of the bat. It flys over the dug out into the stands and an older gentleman got it. Security ran over to the fan and took the bat back and gave it to Tex. Tex inturn gave security a Game Issued bat to give to the fan.

Just in case anyone wanted to know.

Re: Mark Teiria bat flys into the stands BUT fan gets a Game Issued!!!

I seen that, i would have been pissed and not given up the bat.

The bat was a Adirondack model. Does anyone know if they seen Texiera use one in a game this year.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by yanks12025 View Post
    I seen that, i would have been pissed and not given up the bat.
    The procedure, as suave described it, is pretty much the standard in baseball, as the bat that flew into the stands is prepared for game use by the player...the game-issued one is still pristine. As a game-used collector, I can understand your sense of disdain for this, but, in a lot of parks, if security got involved, you probably wouldn't have a choice.

Dave M.
    Chicago area

I do see a difference between this type of situation and a homerun ball. As Dave said the bat that went into the stands was prepared for game use and the one they gave to the guy was pristine. How many bats does each player prepare for a game. There is also a chance that they crack a bat or two so I can see why Tex would want the bat back if it was still usable.

Yeah, I agree. A ball is different than a bat. I know if I was at work and dropped my screwdriver, I would want it back if the guy in row 6 picked it up. I think the fact that the fan was given anything in trade was fair enough. I would be slightly dissapointed giving it up, but would completely understand.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by yanks12025 View Post
    The bat was a Adirondack model. Does anyone know if they seen Texiera use one in a game this year.

He was using those in the begining of the season with the Yankees.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by sox83cubs84 View Post
    The procedure, as suave described it, is pretty much the standard in baseball, as the bat that flew into the stands is prepared for game use by the player...the game-issued one is still pristine. As a game-used collector, I can understand your sense of disdain for this, but, in a lot of parks, if security got involved, you probably wouldn't have a choice.

Dave M.
    Chicago area
    Oh yeah?? Watch me!!! Im running lmaooo

suave......I'm with you on this one.

I know the players coddle and baby their gamers, do all kinds of personal modifications like rubbing them down, placing the proper amount of pine tar, etc., bas as I fan, I'm just telling you the way it is.....

If that bat comes flying into the seats directly from the players hands, I'm instanting turning into Charleton Heston:

"From my cold, dead hands....." is the only way their taking that bat from me! Once it leaves the field, it is no longer their property. I know it would be the decent thing to do (give it back), but quite frankly, screw that noise. These players, especially Mark Tex, are making indecent amounts of money playing this game. WE PAY FOR IT, buying tickets to attend games while supporting them.

I don't care if the big baby breaks down and cries in the batter's box while kicking and stomping his feet......if that bat comes in my direction....it's mine. He can go prepare another bat for himself...

UG....the typos......sorry

last post...."bas" = but
    ................"instanting" = instantly