Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Banned

Hobby vs Economy - Thoughts?

Some time ago, there was a discussion about whether or not the economy will affect the hobby. Well, things have changed since the initial thread and I’d be interested in hearing other member’s thoughts. I DO NOT care who got us to this point and as such, not a single politician or political view is expressed.

-The National deficit has quadrupled;
    http://blog.heritage.org/2009/03/24/...t-in-pictures/
    -The last “stimulus bill” cost a trillion dollars;
    http://blog.heritage.org/2009/01/27/...ama-debt-plan/
    -Just this week, a Billion dollars was spent on the “CASH FOR CLUNKERS” program
    with another two billion to be released next week; and,
    http://blog.heritage.org/2009/01/27/...ama-debt-plan/
    A National Healthcare bill is about to be passed which could cost 1 Trillion dollars just to start.
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...071602242.html

The issue is, who and/or how these programs are going to be paid for? I can’t answer that question because I don't know but I will say that, for every dollar that is taken out of my pocket, that’s one dollar less I have on the hobby.

There will be some members who will say I should NOT have posted this link because it is a political discussion and there are blogs dealing with such topics. My reply is and as I stated above, I DO NOT CARE who got us to this point and as such, not a single politician or political view is expressed.

If you will note, I have attached actual links to the factors I have outlined. Not a single link is either a right and/or left wing website and/or blog. If we are going to discuss the economy and the hobby, I think we should deal with the FACTS and not innuendo and or media personalities.

For myself, I will continue to collect memorabilia but my collecting will be very limited and extremely selective.

Jim

flaa1a@comcast.net

Re: Hobby vs Economy - Thoughts?

My thoughts are this is a thread that is just destined to be removed or locked even with your well intentioned disclaimer. Can't wait to see how long before it jumps the track.

Anyhow, I too will continue to collect memorabilia and will have to be very selective in my future purchases due to the economic disaster created by folks who shall remain nameless.

Me TOO.

Business is bad and my health is worse. I'll continue to collect, but I will be more selective as time goes on...

RK
    ROBERT KOPPEL
    Skyking26 - 35 year collector of Dave Kingman memorabilia. Also seek 500 HR and 3000 Hit GU Bats,
    and 1968, 1984, HOF Tigers GU Bats...Skyking442@hotmail.com

Eve Massive

I would love to write a massive tale about all our exploits over the last 8 months but alas, I am a bit lazy and don't have the stamina to piece it all together. Instead I will show a few bits and pieces to tide you over until I can fully get back in the saddle and knock out another whopper of a story. Another reason I am being lazy is because I did a fresh OS install and I forgot to transfer the folder with my story in it. But I did save my original Eve folder so I still have all my chat logs and pics, but I am not in the mood to deal with re-writing and retrieving all the pics and logs. It turns out I think it will be a long story, but I won't have as many chat logs since it's hard for me to get it all in order, so I will try to peace it all together via pics and my own sweet words.

where to begin? Well you might remember in your in game life and would love to write a massive tale about all your exploits. But all those need enough golds. where to provide, I only searched GKPlayer, I heard from my friends get gold from GKPlayer.
    I began to concern that with prices changing since the first time on GKPlayer. it's better to buy cheaper golds quickly. People unload a massive amount of smack and you end up getting gkplayer to pay you 500 million ISK and additional 5% more. Good times! As you know I tend to run into a lot of happyness in this game.
    http://www.both-teams-played-hard.com

Have I been punked or have I been drinking? Sorry, BTPH, but I could make no sense of your two posts.

Quote Originally Posted by cordovacollector View Post
    Have I been punked or have I been drinking? Sorry, BTPH, but I could make no sense of your two posts.

www.both-teams-played-hard.com

Quote Originally Posted by cordovacollector View Post
    I am sober, and I struggled as well.
    Les Zukor
    bagwellgameused@gmail.com
    Collecting Jeff Bagwell Cleats, Jerseys, & Other Items

http://www.bagwellgameused.com
    (617) 682-0408

Quote Originally Posted by frikativ54 View Post
    I am sober, and I struggled as well.

Re: Eve Massive

Quote Originally Posted by both-teams-played-hard View Post
    I would love to write a massive tale about all our exploits over the last 8 months but alas, I am a bit lazy and don't have the stamina to piece it all together. Instead I will show a few bits and pieces to tide you over until I can fully get back in the saddle and knock out another whopper of a story. Another reason I am being lazy is because I did a fresh OS install and I forgot to transfer the folder with my story in it. But I did save my original Eve folder so I still have all my chat logs and pics, but I am not in the mood to deal with re-writing and retrieving all the pics and logs. It turns out I think it will be a long story, but I won't have as many chat logs since it's hard for me to get it all in order, so I will try to peace it all together via pics and my own sweet words.

where to begin? Well you might remember in your in game life and would love to write a massive tale about all your exploits. But all those need enough golds. where to provide, I only searched GKPlayer, I heard from my friends get gold from GKPlayer.
    I began to concern that with prices changing since the first time on GKPlayer. it's better to buy cheaper golds quickly. People unload a massive amount of smack and you end up getting gkplayer to pay you 500 million ISK and additional 5% more. Good times! As you know I tend to run into a lot of happyness in this game.
    http://www.both-teams-played-hard.com
    Um,

What the hell?
    I collect Jay Bruce and Cincinnati Reds Minor League stuff

My email address: hakes89@gmail.com