I am truely jealous of you and your roommates girlfriend.If i worked there and he came in.I would get fired real fast as i would have a stack of things for him to sign with his meal.Yeah i am not surprised that he is a big tipper.He seems like a very nice gut.And i am really jealous that you got to shake his hand and meet him.Man,that would great to meet him.I would give just about anything to be able to meet him.The closet thing i got was last season at the inflatable toliet they call a stadium here in minnesota.Me and my brother were sitting vip first row by the yankees on-deck.And giambi was standing by me and some twinkies fan was giving him trash about his thong.And i just said,"he is just jealous cause he is not you" and giambi starting laughing and nodded at me.That was worth the price of the tickets.
Quote Originally Posted by whatupyos View Post
Exactly, but not to be too nit picky, its actually cheaper. Its the pro rated amount of $400,000 which is the current league minimum, so its a bargain. The A's had to eat the $4mil plus the $1.25 mil buyout for his option year of next year. My old roommates girlfriend works at a Chili's in the area and said he's always in there. I got pissed at her for not telling me this sooner. Guess he won't be in anymore. She said he'd always tip 100$ of his bill. He'd come in with his wife, sit in the bar, no one would bother him. She said he loved it there. I agree with you, he's a class act. Always has been always will be. I was bitter as hell when he left. Even boo'd him when he made it back to Oakland as a Yank for a series because I hated to see him go but it was me voicing my frustration. He's a great guy all the way. I was lucky enough to meet him once at a promotional event and shook his hand. He's a stellar dude.

Aaron