Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Hybrid View

Re: Giambi released by A's...

Quote Originally Posted by jobathenut View Post
    I agree with that.But was'nt there a time when everyones favorite cal ripkin was batting really bad and his team still played him.Now before all you ripkin lovers get on me.I'm not comparing them,i am comparing the situations.Where ripkin's team,put the needs of the team behind a individual record and player.And the a's could have done the same thing for giambi.
    Hey Joba, I hate to break it to you, but Cal "Ripken" never was hitting under the Mendoza line after 83 games...Giambi had 73 strike outs this year and Cal's highest strike total in a season was only 78 ....Oh, and don't forget that Cal could also help the team win with his defense as well (there wasn't one pitcher on the Orioles staff that didn't want the ball hit to Cal in a big situation).....Not the same situation at all...No matter how you sliced it, the Orioles were always a better team with Ripken in the lineup (can't say that for the A's)

Quote Originally Posted by sox83cubs84 View Post
    Well...I guess I'll never collect on the GU cap he promised me during his first stint with the A's and ducked out on giving to me (I traded him a matted Mickey Mantle advertisement from the 1950s).

Dave M.
    Chicago area
    Dave, what is your email address?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Carlevv View Post
    Dave, what is your email address?
    ballhawk396@hotmail.com

Dave M.
    Chicago area

jobathenut,

Do you think there's any chance that the reason Jason Giambi didn't want to be in the home run derby, which by the way is one of the most popular events the weekend of the All-Star break, is because he's not on steroids anymore?

When he won the home run derby years ago, he was hercules. His arms were so pumped up with chemicals, I thought his skin was going to tear.

So, at this point in his career, do you think maybe he didn't want to make a complete fool out of himself by attempting to match his steroid-induced showtime from yesteryear?

Just a thought.