So because he did'nt want to take part in a stubid home run derby.That makes him not a "good guy".Maybe because he was'nt playing in the game,he thought it would be a waste of his time.Maybe he did'nt want to take part in the stubid contest so he could spend the break time with family and friends.And he felt that was more worth his time than to take part in the stubid contest.That he realized how stubid and pointless the home run derby is.And felt that spending time with his family during the break is better than giving up his break to take part in batting practice.As that's all the stubid thing is.I mean why don't they just have the guys measure themselves.I have no idea what the home run derby proves.WOW,you can hit a home run having a pitcher pitch it right where you want it.Takes no skill at all.Anyway,that's another topic.I think it's silly to say he is not a good guy because of this.I realize it was at yankee stadium and it was the last all season of the stadium and blah,blah,blah.But those fans can see him play in a game.Why would they need to see him in a completely nonsense contest.Just a very silly arguement.
Quote Originally Posted by LastingsMilledge85 View Post
I'm not sure if Giambi was one of the "good guys" of the game. I'll never forget when he got the chance to be in last years HR derby despite not making the All Star team, and rejected the opportunity because he wouldn't be on the team, and left all Yankee fans with their fake mustaches disappointed.