Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Hybrid View

Re: Giambi released by A's...

Quote Originally Posted by jobathenut View Post
    I agree with that.But was'nt there a time when everyones favorite cal ripkin was batting really bad and his team still played him.Now before all you ripkin lovers get on me.I'm not comparing them,i am comparing the situations.Where ripkin's team,put the needs of the team behind a individual record and player.And the a's could have done the same thing for giambi.
    Hey Joba, I hate to break it to you, but Cal "Ripken" never was hitting under the Mendoza line after 83 games...Giambi had 73 strike outs this year and Cal's highest strike total in a season was only 78 ....Oh, and don't forget that Cal could also help the team win with his defense as well (there wasn't one pitcher on the Orioles staff that didn't want the ball hit to Cal in a big situation).....Not the same situation at all...No matter how you sliced it, the Orioles were always a better team with Ripken in the lineup (can't say that for the A's)

Banned

As much as I would like to see some team pick him up before the season is over.

Here is something to think about.

Frank Thomas is still waiting to be picked up and no one has.

I knew when i mentioned the great cal,that i would hear from you.I did'nt mean any offense.I was not comparing numbers,as i know cal had better.As i went on baseball reference to look up his stats to be sure.And i was wrong,as he only batted once under .200 and that was his rookie season.But i did notice that he sure had alot of errors in the field,almost 30 a couple of seasons.I was just trying to make the point that the a's didnt handle it good.As every player has slumps,and they could've been more respectful to him.You did'nt see cal's team cutting him in the middle of the season.And you really can't compare the two playing wise as they were different type of players.Again,i have always loved reading your post's and didnt mean any offense to you.And i am so sorry i misspelled his name.That's just my poor grammer.It's "ripken".and not "ripkin",i am such a idiot.Hope we are still good.
    Quote Originally Posted by ironmanfan View Post
    Hey Joba, I hate to break it to you, but Cal "Ripken" never was hitting under the Mendoza line after 83 games...Giambi had 73 strike outs this year and Cal's highest strike total in a season was only 78 ....Oh, and don't forget that Cal could also help the team win with his defense as well (there wasn't one pitcher on the Orioles staff that didn't want the ball hit to Cal in a big situation).....Not the same situation at all...No matter how you sliced it, the Orioles were always a better team with Ripken in the lineup (can't say that for the A's)