Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Banned

Talk about over paying for items!!!!!

These are 2 items that I found on MLB Auction site.

Ok I can understand its a significance but is it really this serious to pay this much for this item???????????
    Julio Franco 2006 Game Used Jersey - Worn when Franco became the oldest player in MLB history to hit a home runCurrent Bid: $ 1310.00 Bids: 8

Here is the next one - Are people mistaking him for Hideki Matsui????????
    Its a SPRING TRAINING JERSEY for god sakes not even a regular season jersey AND HES A SCRUB - WHAT DID I MISS ON THIS ONE????? HIS AVERAGE IS .238Kaz Matsui 2006 Spring Training Game Used JerseyCurrent Bid: $ 420.00 Bids: 3
    I guess these are things thake make you go hmmmmmmmm!!!

Re: Talk about over paying for items!!!!!

Thanks for pointing out the Kaz Matsui jersey. I have been looking to overpay for one of those for sometime. I am going to log in to ebay and run the bid up to $2000.00 because this guy stinks.

Thanks

Banned

I have no idea what the first post in this thread is about since I cannot read items Jason posts, but who are we to determine when someone pays a high price for an item that it is overpaying?

eBay is great, because the public can set the final price, so if more than one person really wants an item, for any reason but none of our business, then sometimes items may go for a more reasonable price than what we consider current market to be.

What is wrong with that? Isn't it how the system was originally set up to work?

Then again, I guess you can fill the order cheaper with identical merchandise, right?

Ok I can understand its a significance but is it really this serious to pay this much for this item???????????

He is hitting better than anyone on the Cubs team.

Signed

A disappointed again Cub Fan
    Adam

Code:
      Thanks for pointing out the Kaz Matsui jersey. I have been looking to overpay for one of those for sometime. I am going to log in to ebay and run the bid up to $2000.00 because this guy stinks.
    This is not even an ebay auction. Even if it were why would you "run the bid" up to $2,000.00?? Fraudfinder!!

Quote Originally Posted by Fraudfinder!!
    Code:
    This is not even an ebay auction. Even if it were why would you "run the bid" up to $2,000.00?? Fraudfinder!!
    I guess sarcasm is lost on you.

If you ask me I think that jersey is too cheap. Julio wore the jersey when he broke a record that stood for like 80 years. A jersey like that should be in the hall of fame. Even if it went to $5000 I'd still think it's a cheap jersey

Maybe the record stood for 80 years but that is probably because everybody that was near that age was already in a retirement home in Scottsdale Arizona drinking their coffee through a straw. It is not a record of any significance however each person sees their own importance in various records so if it is important to you then that is all that matters.

Banned

MrMiracle you hit that one right on the head!!!

There 's is not indication on this jersey that it was THE jersey. For that premium price I would have loved to see Julio sign it as the jersey he wore to hit a hr while on geritol!

I would assume the MLB letter has this indicated with the matching hologram.

David