Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: O/T - Sure Is Nice To Sit Back, Have A Cold One & Watch Football!

[quote=LastingsMilledge85;156036]
    Quote Originally Posted by gingi79 View Post
    Yeah great job on the Uni's and having the helmets and coaches gear match. Who else are getting these kinds of throwbacks?quote]

The Chiefs, Jets, Bills, Titans, Patriots, Broncos, Chargers, and Raiders. It some anniversary for the AFL.

Yeah, I was PSYCHED to see some football on TV finally (given as a Mets fan, baseball is OVER for me). You're correct, this is the 50th Anniversary of the original 8 AFL teams. The first Monday night game of the season will be a double header featuring 4 of the original 8 teams, all wearing throwbacks (Bills v Pats, 7pm; Oakland v Raiders 10:15pm). Also, to confuse things more, on 9/27, the Jets will be playing the Titans. The Titans will be wearing the throwbacks that they wore last night against the Bills, and the Jets will be wearing the Titans throwbacks. So, instead of the Jets vs the Titans, we really have the Titans vs the Oilers!!!!

I was disappointed that the Bills didn't wear the uniforms they wore in the inaugural 1960 season. Their uniforms originally looked similar to the Detroit Lions. Check it out at this link http://www.weirdwolf.net/FFP/1960s/1960.htm

The Titans got it right with the 1960 Oilers' uniforms.

Mark Hayne
    Gridiron Exchange
    gixc@verizon.net

Always looking for Atlanta Falcons and WFL Jerseys

Correct me if I'm wrong but when the Jets/Titans Franchise they were the New York Jets, why are the Jets sticking with that dumb Titans throwback, despite that the colors are decent, when they could go to that original Jets uniform with that plane logo for the anniversary?

Quote Originally Posted by LastingsMilledge85 View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong but when the Jets/Titans Franchise they were the New York Jets, why are the Jets sticking with that dumb Titans throwback, despite that the colors are decent, when they could go to that original Jets uniform with that plane logo for the anniversary?

While I am fond of the 1963 Jets plane logo and think it would make for a fun throwback I do take exception to anyone calling the Titans duds dumb. Nothing about the NY Titans was or is dumb. The throwbacks represent the original NY Titans AFL franchise, a franchise that was the cornerstone of the new league. Those players, coaches, and staff who perservered through trials and tribulations (and there were MANY) deserve to be recognized for their sacrifices and roles in making the NFL what it is today.