Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Are Majestic Cool Base Jerseys becoming primary jersey sets?

I've been to quite a few MLB games so far this year ( here at Kansas City). From what I've seen, it seems like both the Royals and the visiting teams are wearing the cool base jersey type more rather than your tradition jersey materials type.

Cool base has been around for a bit but I think they cool base jersey set has always been like an "alternate" set.

Has anyone else noticed this small detail trend among MLB teams?

Re: Are Majestic Cool Base Jerseys becoming primary jersey sets?

Quote Originally Posted by cardinals0103 View Post
    I've been to quite a few MLB games so far this year ( here at Kansas City). From what I've seen, it seems like both the Royals and the visiting teams are wearing the cool base jersey type more rather than your tradition jersey materials type.

Cool base has been around for a bit but I think they cool base jersey set has always been like an "alternate" set.

Has anyone else noticed this small detail trend among MLB teams?

And does anyone else besides me HATE the Cool Base rubberized tagging?!?! I have extreme doubts they will stand the test of time for collector value. I have already seen some worn off badly.

I am SO glad the main part of my collection is pre-2003 and vintage stuff. I think the rubberized tagging will be a collector's nightmare in the future.

This info from another mb should be helpful

http://www.jerseycentral.org/viewtop...it=cool#p32146

Quote Originally Posted by Gocong57 View Post
    This info from another mb should be helpful

http://www.jerseycentral.org/viewtop...it=cool#p32146
    wow, good stuff. Thanks for pointing it out to me!

One of the main players I work with still likes the regular jerseys on colder days. I see most of the jerseys I am getting now are the Cool Base.
    Regards,
    Andrew Lang
    AllstarsPlus@aol.com
    202-716-8500

Banned

From what I can tell, the Oakland A's seem to love the cool base jersey's. That what they mostly seem to wear from my observance.

Aaron

I think the Yankees and Red Sox are the only teams who do not use cool-base jerseys during games. They also have not converted to cool flo batting helmets.
    metsbats86@aol.com

Always looking for 1973,1986,1988,1999,2000,2006 game used Mets post season and Bobby M. Jones and Ed Hearn NY Mets game used bats.

Cool base game jerseys are an MLB thing. All teams have to have at least one set. It is up to the team to choose which. As far as the tagging, I don't think MLB thinks in terms of a collector, rather they do what is best for the product their players are wearing. I'm sure they don't sit around in a New york conference room saying, "We have to have a fabric size tag because collectors will like it better."

No, some Sox players do wear Cool-base jerseys, such as Kevin Youklis.

Quote Originally Posted by April 10, 1962 View Post
    As far as the tagging, I don't think MLB thinks in terms of a collector, rather they do what is best for the product their players are wearing.

I'm sure they don't sit around in a New york conference room saying, "We have to have a fabric size tag because collectors will like it better."
    Oh, such subtle, sweet sarcasm thrown to the uniformed little concerned collector-mind poster. But I can guaran-damntee you they sit around their NY conference rooms and worry their sweet arses off about knock-offs from foreign countries and the people pirating them and selling them for $15 at Battery Park to go along with the $10 Rolexes.

MLB/jersey manufacturers do care about whether they are making these Cool Bases too easy to knock-off. If they don't, they soon find themselves selling those $10 Rolies themselves.

Hold on to your day job. Wanna buy a Rolex?