Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Warning: eBay will be using photos without creators' permission

Hello Guy,
    Great catch, thanks for the heads up.
    Larry Pelliccioni

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by fabes23 View Post
    Do yourselves a favor and HANDWRITE your ebay name and the date on a piece of paper and put it next to your items that you sell on ebay. It makes it a little more legit.

If i see a seller "joeschmoe" selling a jersey and "billybad" is hand-written next to the item on a piece of paper, obviously they are using "billybad's" photos.

Great info, thanks!
    I don't sell on eBay, but I REALLY likee your idea. If your ID and the date is large enough to be seen, it should make your images useless for any scammers to try and employ. I also suggest placing this ID in the middle, or in an area where a scammer can't crop out the ID without rendering the image useless.

Dave M.
    Chicago area

Quote Originally Posted by momen55 View Post
    opted out! thank you for looking out. definitely, ebay is nothing but a monopoly! and getting worse by the minute!
    thanks for the info, just updated mine....another big black eye for ebay !!

I have said it more than once on here,ebay is a joke.And it just gets funnier on there.I have stopped going on there(my personal boycott,i guess)for almost a year now.I used to buy on there and sell on there but when they went to paypal only,well i stopped going on there.This picture thing is just another example that ebay has no clue what they are doing over there.If you make changes,it's suppose to better your buisness.I mean all the changes they have made starting with the feedback,and then paypal and now this are changes that make no sense to me.I mean i guess they have never heard the saying,"if it aint broke,don't fix it.Things were just fine and didnt need these changes.This picture thing makes me laugh.It's like ebay does'nt want to have any rules they might have to police on there,especially if it takes away from the seller.As ebay is all about the big time sellers,and not the mom and pop sellers like myself that made ebay.Yeah,if i was still on there i would just put my user name on my pictures of my items.But im sure ebay will see people do that and make a rule that you can't do that.And ebay is a total monopoly.Especially when they made that paypal change.The only way you can pay is from a company they own.

Again I reiterate! Please be sure that if you decide to opt out, go back and make sure that is is confirmed. I was told by eBay that their systems were having troubles with this and they were unsure as to when it will be fixed. Knowing how they love to do what ever they want to us sellers, it would not surprise me in the least if they just magically got them fixed after the 31st.

Banned

Thanks for the heads up, just changed my settings. Another bonehead ebay change.

Quote Originally Posted by jobathenut View Post
    And ebay is a total monopoly.Especially when they made that paypal change.The only way you can pay is from a company they own.
    As I understand it, Sellers must accept PayPal as one potential form of payment, but Buyers do not have to use PayPal if they choose not to...unless (as has always been the case) the Seller insists on it.

Quote Originally Posted by godwulf View Post
    As I understand it, Sellers must accept PayPal as one potential form of payment, but Buyers do not have to use PayPal if they choose not to...unless (as has always been the case) the Seller insists on it.
    GW -

I was just setting up some items for sale and PayPal is the ONLY form of payment you can request as a Seller - NOT 'one potential form of payment'.

When I went just to REVIEW my post, it's scan engine stopped me because I had the words MONEY ORDER in the body of my Text. It told me that PayPal is the ONLY accepted form of payment now for eBay listings.

- Chris

P.S. - I also OPTED OUT of the photo sharing thing along with my wife.

Quote Originally Posted by xpress34 View Post
    GW -

I was just setting up some items for sale and PayPal is the ONLY form of payment you can request as a Seller - NOT 'one potential form of payment'.

When I went just to REVIEW my post, it's scan engine stopped me because I had the words MONEY ORDER in the body of my Text. It told me that PayPal is the ONLY accepted form of payment now for eBay listings.

- Chris

P.S. - I also OPTED OUT of the photo sharing thing along with my wife.

Ive seen sellers in there pictures putting a piece of paper next to their item that reads..."I accept Money Orders and Personal Checks". Pretty smart really, getting around Ebay that is, and if a buyer really wanted to use that method.

i just opted out myself.as much as ebay has screwed me with my sales on there,they are getting my pictures.i got 2 words for ebay and it ain't merry christmas!!!!!!!