Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: Warning: eBay will be using photos without creators' permission

Quote Originally Posted by ndevlin View Post
    Ive seen sellers in there pictures putting a piece of paper next to their item that reads..."I accept Money Orders and Personal Checks". Pretty smart really, getting around Ebay that is, and if a buyer really wanted to use that method.
    Guy,

First off, thanks for the wonderfully enlightening thread. I'm sure any of the forum members who are lucky enough to read your post will be greatful.

Nate.....I'll bet the ranch it won't be long before ebay shuts down these types of auctions (ones with pictures stating "I accept money orders and personal checks"). But, get in while the getting's good, I guess.

Yet once again, the little computer geek Gen-Y employees, in an effort to boost the profits of this sesspool called ebay, have come up with their latest attack on the free enterprise system. What they have set up here, essentially a negative-action change to everyone's account (for those of who aren't familiar with this little scam......it means if you DON'T act to offset the change instituted, it will happen automatically.

Banks were using this little gem for a long time in making on-the-fly policy changes to existing accounts before they were found to be illegal, and overturned. The banking industry has since made it law for any mandatory change to first be clearly made by legal notification to the user of the account, typically with record of mailers sent out. The written notice must include an "opt out" provision that clearly asks for the user to indicate his acceptance, or the agreement is that the account will be automatically closed. Not simply updated the way the banks want it. A big difference!).

So ebay, thinking they are once again bigger than the law, is doing whatever they want to enhance their business prospects, while trampling ALL OVER their users rights, and hard work to put on a good auction!

Geezuz K-RIST..........Have I mentioned how much I hate ebay lately?

Re: Warning: eBay will be using photos without creators' permission

To sell on ebay you can ONLY accept paypal(and some other on-line services i believe).But in the good old days(like a year ago)you could buy using a money order and even a check.And as a seller you could accept a money order or a check.And you can't do that now.Way back then,it was left up to the seller to accept what they wanted to.But now as a seller you can only accept what ebay tells you to.And that just happens to be a company they own.And so if you want to buy on ebay,you do have to use paypal.As per ebay rules.
    Quote Originally Posted by godwulf View Post
    As I understand it, Sellers must accept PayPal as one potential form of payment, but Buyers do not have to use PayPal if they choose not to...unless (as has always been the case) the Seller insists on it.