Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Is this Hurricanes jersey authentic?

I purchased this Santana Moss jersey and wanted to know if it was game used. All I can figure out is that it probably was from the 1997 season because of the style of the Big East logo. Any help would be appreciated.

The Nike swoosh has been torn off.

There is a UM 'U' design on the shoulders of the jersey. It can be seen at different angles. You can see it if you look hard.

Re: Is this Hurricanes jersey authentic?

The Hurricanes are in the ACC, not sure about the Big East?

I correct myself. And based on Getty pics, you can at least get a solid style match.

Thanks. Do you know if there are any 'tell tale' signs of a game used UM jersey?

Look for puckering/piling on the dazzle cloth. Check for snags in the mesh. Other obvious signs are tears and repairs, grass/turf/dirt stains. Look at the tags and check for curling (it may have been laundered). Loose or pulled threads (i.e. the Nike swoosh missing).

Your best be it to sit down and search photo sites like Getty and search for the player. Take a look at all his pics that are available of him in this style of jersey and see if you can't match up that missing Nike swoosh, or other characteristics.