Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sense???

Re: Sense???

RK,

Those 7 watchers are probably ebay employees who have tagged your auction while they brainstorm an 11th hour managers meeting over pizza and try to figure out a way to justify the shutting down of your auction.

To them, listing your item for a "But It Now" and stating that you are listing it low, at break even, so it will sell...... just has to be against company policy.

Because it just makes too much sense.

Have I mentioned lately that I hate ebay?

Quote Originally Posted by suicide_squeeze View Post
    RK,

Those 7 watchers are probably ebay employees who have tagged your auction while they brainstorm an 11th hour managers meeting over pizza and try to figure out a way to justify the shutting down of your auction.

To them, listing your item for a "But It Now" and stating that you are listing it low, at break even, so it will sell...... just has to be against company policy.

Because it just makes too much sense.

Have I mentioned lately that I hate ebay?
    Yea, all I'm looking to do these days is slim down the collection. I bought the mirror at $250 in 2005 and just have no room to display it really. As is the case with several items, I'm not willing to lose $$, but break-even and offering to drive and hour and deliver it to your door isn't apparently good enough. Many friends have compared ebayers to tire-kickers, and I see why. If you are not willing to "give" and item away, it won't sell...
    ROBERT KOPPEL
    Skyking26 - 35 year collector of Dave Kingman memorabilia. Also seek 500 HR and 3000 Hit GU Bats,
    and 1968, 1984, HOF Tigers GU Bats...Skyking442@hotmail.com

skyking-I am right with you my friend.I never understood that when i used to sell on ebay.Why you would watch a buy it now item.I always hated that as a seller as it gives you a false sense that you'll be able to sell it.And what even got me more upset is when it was (like i always did)a buy it now or best offer.Just make a offer.And as a buyer i never watched a item,if i was interested,i would bid on it.Anyways,i don't know why i keep responding to threads about that place saying i have been doing a shelf boycott for about a year now,since they went to paypal only.And you are right,ebay or what i called it-"garagesale bay" is all about getting give away prices for items.But items like a potatoe chip that looks like bush get big money on there.Man,i hate ebay-EBAY IS A JOKE.

Banned

I have a number of items on my watchlist. I would love for a seller to come to me and complain about my watching their item. I would gladly go watch something else and spend my funds elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCrulesU View Post
    I have a number of items on my watchlist. I would love for a seller to come to me and complain about my watching their item. I would gladly go watch something else and spend my funds elsewhere.
    I think you are missing the point: This was a buy-it-now auction. What are they watching? There is nowhere to go... You either buy or don't buy... I don't get it - there is nothing to watch.
    ROBERT KOPPEL
    Skyking26 - 35 year collector of Dave Kingman memorabilia. Also seek 500 HR and 3000 Hit GU Bats,

EXACTLY.....
    Quote Originally Posted by skyking26 View Post
    I think you are missing the point: This was a buy-it-now auction. What are they watching? There is nowhere to go... You either buy or don't buy... I don't get it - there is nothing to watch.

Skyking:

What is your ebay user name. It sounds like you have some interesting Buy it Now auctions, and I would like to add them to my watch list...

Quote Originally Posted by helmets View Post
    Skyking:

What is your ebay user name. It sounds like you have some interesting Buy it Now auctions, and I would like to add them to my watch list...
    LOL!!!

skyking26, same as everywhere!

RK
    ROBERT KOPPEL

Quote Originally Posted by skyking26 View Post
    Don't sellers sometimes lower their Buy It Now price? Maybe that's what they're waiting for. I watch items all the time that I want to research or think about. If the seller lowers the price, it might make it a much easier decision.

Quote Originally Posted by mvandor View Post
    You're dealing with the general public. That means Joe Average, the guy getting the 'C's next to you in high school.
    I resemble that remark. I got "Cs" in high school.

It is much easier to add to a watch list now, because it doesn't go to a second screen and delay you.