Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sense???

Re: Sense???

Quote Originally Posted by PwKw13 View Post
    Don't sellers sometimes lower their Buy It Now price? Maybe that's what they're waiting for. I watch items all the time that I want to research or think about. If the seller lowers the price, it might make it a much easier decision.
    Exactly, when I sell on Ebay I lower the BIN price all the time. I usually assume an auction with a few watchers and no offers is a few bucks away from being sold.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by nationals2k9 View Post
    Exactly, when I sell on Ebay I lower the BIN price all the time. I usually assume an auction with a few watchers and no offers is a few bucks away from being sold.
    Exactly. Well said from someone who clearly has and exercises common sense. Glad to hear us "average joes" don't irritate you by watching your items, for whatever reason.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCrulesU View Post
    Exactly. Well said from someone who clearly has and exercises common sense. Glad to hear us "average joes" don't irritate you by watching your items, for whatever reason.
    My auction clearly stated that the item will not be sold for less at the end of auction if it did not sell. I could not have been more clear or honest.

I guess everybody has their own viewpoint...
    ROBERT KOPPEL
    Skyking26 - 35 year collector of Dave Kingman memorabilia. Also seek 500 HR and 3000 Hit GU Bats,
    and 1968, 1984, HOF Tigers GU Bats...Skyking442@hotmail.com

I watch stuff all the time. Right now I've got 9 on my list, only two or three of which I might possibly maybe if i feel it bid on. One is a BIN and I have no intention of buying it. In most cases I'm just curious what they'll go for. Why?

Because I may own one like it.

Because it may be a fake.

Because it may be priced stupid high and I wanna see if anyone's crazy enough to pay.

Because it's a rad piece and I want to witness the bidding war that will inevitably take place in the final 90 seconds.

Because I once owned it.

Because I feel like it.

And once because the seller said he didn't want a bunch of people watching his stuff if they weren't gonna buy it.

Also, I watch things that I may need to research when I have more time. I pay no attention to my watch list, only my PayPal balance.
    I go agree that high numbers on the watch list and low numbers on the bidder list can be frustrating.

Quote Originally Posted by both-teams-played-hard View Post
    I pay no attention to my watch list, only my PayPal balance.
    I pay attention to items I am watching, just not to how many are watching my auctions.

Quote Originally Posted by skipcarayislegend View Post
    I watch stuff all the time. Right now I've got 9 on my list, only two or three of which I might possibly maybe if i feel it bid on. One is a BIN and I have no intention of buying it. In most cases I'm just curious what they'll go for. Why?

Because it may be priced stupid high and I wanna see if anyone's crazy enough to pay.

Because it's a rad piece and I want to witness the bidding war that will inevitably take place in the final 90 seconds.

Because I once owned it.

Because I feel like it.

And once because the seller said he didn't want a bunch of people watching his stuff if they weren't gonna buy it.
    +1 to all of those!

Jays1fan

Quote Originally Posted by skipcarayislegend View Post

Because I once owned it.

Because I feel like it.

Ding Ding Ding ..we have a winner. Very well Said !

Quote Originally Posted by skyking26 View Post
    I think you are missing the point: This was a buy-it-now auction. What are they watching? There is nowhere to go... You either buy or don't buy... I don't get it - there is nothing to watch.
    SK -

Sometimes, I may be looking for an item and see an 'auction style listing' and a 'Buy It Now' listing. The BIN listing may close AFTER the Auction listing, but the BIN price is HIGHER than the current Auction price.

I will watch the BIN in case the auction item goes past my price range - or goes over what I can pick it up for on the BIN.

- Chris

Appreciate all the feedback. Allows me to see the other sides. I usually don't go to the extents others do watching things. If I watch I generally am interested enough to obtain it. I never watch anything I feel is overpriced as I would have no intention of purchasing it.

Everybody's got their game I guess.

Peace - RK
    ROBERT KOPPEL
    Skyking26 - 35 year collector of Dave Kingman memorabilia. Also seek 500 HR and 3000 Hit GU Bats,
    and 1968, 1984, HOF Tigers GU Bats...Skyking442@hotmail.com