Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Sense???

Re: Sense???

I will admit it is frustrating Sky King but I do the same I watch things all the time that I dont plan on buying for those thing mentioned or I do it to remind me of something I might buy if I cant find something I like more....

As far as the "im not going lower" comment. I have had sellers say that all the time and after a couple relist the price goes down. The few stingy sellers mostly the ticket scalping sellers just eat the tickets I guess!

What I dont get though and sorry to change the subject of the thread but you even say you just want this mirror out of your life as it is in your way. If its in your way why not just take what someone is willing to pay to get it out of the way? There is not much stuff in my life that I have bought that i later tried to sell that sold for what I paid for it. I know we are in a sports collecting market and our stuff goes up and down in price but other items that I no longer wanted I can't recall ever geting what I paid for an item back. If its an item I want out of my life I jsut take what I can get.

Jays1fan

Quote Originally Posted by BergerKing22784 View Post
    I will admit it is frustrating Sky King but I do the same I watch things all the time that I dont plan on buying for those thing mentioned or I do it to remind me of something I might buy if I cant find something I like more....

As far as the "im not going lower" comment. I have had sellers say that all the time and after a couple relist the price goes down. The few stingy sellers mostly the ticket scalping sellers just eat the tickets I guess!

What I dont get though and sorry to change the subject of the thread but you even say you just want this mirror out of your life as it is in your way. If its in your way why not just take what someone is willing to pay to get it out of the way? There is not much stuff in my life that I have bought that i later tried to sell that sold for what I paid for it. I know we are in a sports collecting market and our stuff goes up and down in price but other items that I no longer wanted I can't recall ever geting what I paid for an item back. If its an item I want out of my life I jsut take what I can get.
    Yeah , I sometimes "watch" an item hoping for a relist at a lower price.
    Even though some sellers say they wont EVER go lower , even in the listing , most of the time they do. I have been on both sides. Sometimes thinking I wont take less , then doing it just to get rid of it. I am sure you will change your mind at some point and lower it ( wink wink ) and you wil be glad you did just to get rid of it.

What year did eBay add the Watch feature?

I don't think they had it when I joined, so I still bookmark the auctions I'm watching, just from force of habit.

Quote Originally Posted by BergerKing22784 View Post

The problem with buying a product when it first hits the market is that everyone is in the hype. These mirrors were around All-Star Fanfest in Detroit and were/are extremely attractive. I don't recall anyone buying one for under $250 at the time. For 4 years it has sat in a corner of my sports room on the carpeting while I negotiated with my wife on a spot to hang it. Frankly, negotiations did not go well as my wife never has budged from the "in your room or no hang" phrase.

Money is not in terrible abundance. I am still buying pricey game used items as always. Just makes sense to sell it. I lowered the price some. I'm a pretty stubborn guy tho. If it does not sell it'll sit on the carpet another 4 years I'm guessing. I do have a buyer, but he is in CA and wants it shipped. It may come down to shipping it. May have to bite the bullet, we'll see.

RK
    ROBERT KOPPEL
    Skyking26 - 35 year collector of Dave Kingman memorabilia. Also seek 500 HR and 3000 Hit GU Bats,
    and 1968, 1984, HOF Tigers GU Bats...Skyking442@hotmail.com

Banned

Bob,

Just sell the darn thing if you have a buyer. lol I've sold stuff for lower than I bought it. Mostly because I'm an idiot and bought stuff for more than the average bear would, but I really wanted it at the time. Then later, I had to re-think things and needed money for more important items and sold for a loss. I understand you don't want to do that, and I respect that but sometimes, you just might have to give in if there are no other interested parties. Just a thought my friend. I don't mean to try and tell you what to do, just offer a suggestion from a friend. I always say to myself, beggars can't be choosers.

Respectfully,

Aaron

Quote Originally Posted by whatupyos View Post
    Bob,

Just sell the darn thing if you have a buyer. lol I've sold stuff for lower than I bought it. Mostly because I'm an idiot and bought stuff for more than the average bear would, but I really wanted it at the time. Then later, I had to re-think things and needed money for more important items and sold for a loss. I understand you don't want to do that, and I respect that but sometimes, you just might have to give in if there are no other interested parties. Just a thought my friend. I don't mean to try and tell you what to do, just offer a suggestion from a friend. I always say to myself, beggars can't be choosers.

Respectfully,

Aaron
    The friend of mine who was interested is also the same guy that is buying another item of larger dollar value over installments. That said, not a good time to sell him this on top of another. If the mirror does not sell, I'll wait til I'm clear with him on the other item...and if he agrees to shipping charges then we'll do it.

RK
    ROBERT KOPPEL
    Skyking26 - 35 year collector of Dave Kingman memorabilia. Also seek 500 HR and 3000 Hit GU Bats,

I'm on of those people who keep a large number of items on my Ebay watch list. Most of my reasons have already been touched on, but another reason I keep things on my watch list is to keep track of what I am interested in. It serves me sort of as a wish list for things that I do not have the money for at the time, or am debating on. Even after the item closes, it will still be on the watch list and I can contact the seller to see if it is still available later on.

Bob, hopefully this is the case with your mirror and one of your watchers will be contacting you once they can raise the money. Since you explained you will not drop the pirce, it may take time for some people to save up. Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by jppopma View Post
    I'm on of those people who keep a large number of items on my Ebay watch list. Most of my reasons have already been touched on, but another reason I keep things on my watch list is to keep track of what I am interested in. It serves me sort of as a wish list for things that I do not have the money for at the time, or am debating on. Even after the item closes, it will still be on the watch list and I can contact the seller to see if it is still available later on.

Bob, hopefully this is the case with your mirror and one of your watchers will be contacting you once they can raise the money. Since you explained you will not drop the pirce, it may take time for some people to save up. Good luck!
    Thank you sir,

Bob
    ROBERT KOPPEL