Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Sense???

Sense???

Maybe I am missing something here; but occasionally like this week I'll have an auction with a buy-it-now and I'll have 7 "watchers." Now, in a buy-it-now, what the hell is there to watch??? A person could but it on day one for the same price as the guy on day 7...

Anybody knows what I'm missing here, please advise. Beats me.

RK
    ROBERT KOPPEL
    Skyking26 - 35 year collector of Dave Kingman memorabilia. Also seek 500 HR and 3000 Hit GU Bats,
    and 1968, 1984, HOF Tigers GU Bats...Skyking442@hotmail.com

Banned

Re: Sense???

Sometimes people with similar items will watch items with no intention to bid or buy. They just want to see what it sells for.

Quote Originally Posted by Mauer7 View Post
    Sometimes people with similar items will watch items with no intention to bid or buy. They just want to see what it sells for.
    That's about the "only" sense I could see as you could have it at said price on day #1...

Anybody else?
    ROBERT KOPPEL
    Skyking26 - 35 year collector of Dave Kingman memorabilia. Also seek 500 HR and 3000 Hit GU Bats,

Maybe they are considering buying it but they want to think about it for a day or 2 so they put it on the watch list so they don't forget about it. That's the only reason I can think of.
    Always looking for anything Cowboys Game Used

I mark items as "watch" for both of the previously mentioned reasons.
    email is matmuell at umich.edu

They're hoping no one bites, then they'll email you a lowball offer after the auction ends.

I've got some property listed with around 45 watchers, yet only 2 people have emailed with questions. Who knows.

I do that sometimes, usually if it has a best offer available so that I can see what it sells for if I'm trying to see what the market value is on something. Since of you're watching it, you'll see if a best offer was accepted and for how much.
    Ricardo Montoya

ri.montoya at yahoo dot com

Quote Originally Posted by otismalibu View Post
    They're hoping no one bites, then they'll email you a lowball offer after the auction ends.

I've got some property listed with around 45 watchers, yet only 2 people have emailed with questions. Who knows.
    I had it listed right in the auction that the item was being sold at break-even to sell it, and no lower offers would be accepted, to discourage the 7 watchers for emailing later with ridiculous offers...
    ROBERT KOPPEL

they do it just to piss us off

Banned

You're dealing with the general public. That means Joe Average, the guy getting the 'C's next to you in high school.