Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Newest Met Mystery

Here's a photo from game 6 of the 86 NLCS. Rafael Santana is wearing the style no. 3 of jacket.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    metsbats86@aol.com

Always looking for 1973,1986,1988,1999,2000,2006 game used Mets post season and Bobby M. Jones and Ed Hearn NY Mets game used bats.

Quote Originally Posted by Swoboda4 View Post
    David,whats going on. Thanks. So that hopefully narrows it down to ST 1985. Anyone with a guide book from '85?
    I'm starting to lose interest in this but I've never seen any of these jackets forged ever. The closest to someone not ever wearing one but it was made for them was Mark Langston(Mets made the trade sending Howard johnson,Tampani,West but Mariners pulled out at last second). I was in the Mets clubhouse shop in Queens I think 1989 and hanging from the ceiling for sale was the unused Met jacket with LANGSTON stiched on the back. I think they wanted $190 back then which was crazy but I wish I had it now. But again I've never seen a NOB jacket/warm-up forged.

Robert,

I don't think this jersey is from 85 either. The half zipper style of starter jackets didn't start until at best 89- into the early 90's in my opinion.

The only other Miller who was active in the Met organization during that era was Rich Miller who was a minor league manager and roving instructor.

It's certainly a mystery who this jersey belongs to but it certainly is not from 1986.
    metsbats86@aol.com

Always looking for 1973,1986,1988,1999,2000,2006 game used Mets post season and Bobby M. Jones and Ed Hearn NY Mets game used bats.

Here is one of those Starter half zipper...

Looking for Doug Flynn and Joel Youngblood items.NY Mets jerseys 78-82

Thanks Scott dcrules01@msn.com

Dave,Rich Miller-sounds interesting. maybe.
    Anyway,I love these jackets.

How about another mystery. In 2000 I bought a non-game used Met jacket on e-bay. It was brand new ,#12 o sleeve and the e-bay seller(from New jersey-forgot his name)was selling about 7 others including #31.
    Has anyone else ever seen a retail Met jacket sold with a number on the sleeve? Is this real and was it(were they) stolen? I believe the number would for the style belong to coach John Stearns.

Quote Originally Posted by metsbats View Post
    Borat wearing the BP
    Dave,

That was freaking hilarious!! My wife loved it too.

Nick
    Looking for ...
    Any Game Used Mets jerseys from 1986 and 1987
    Any Keith Hernandez, Ron Darling, Lee Mazzilli and John Olerud Mets items
    Email me at TNT_Toys@yahoo.com

The guys a dead ringer for Borat!
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    metsbats86@aol.com

Quote Originally Posted by Swoboda4 View Post
    How about another mystery. In 2000 I bought a non-game used Met jacket on e-bay. It was brand new ,#12 o sleeve and the e-bay seller(from New jersey-forgot his name)was selling about 7 others including #31.
    Has anyone else ever seen a retail Met jacket sold with a number on the sleeve? Is this real and was it(were they) stolen? I believe the number would for the style belong to coach John Stearns.

Those are really nice jackets. I don't believe I've ever seen them in retail including Mets clubhouse shops.
    metsbats86@aol.com

Holy cow that does look like Borat!

I thought it was John Oates