Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mr.miracle
    • Apr 2006

Re: You gotsta be kiddin me

Skip has a great point there. If the seller has 100% feedback then there is not question that this is authentic and we should have no reason not to trust this item. We all know that 100% feedback is the gold stamp of approval in ebay selling.
    Brett Herman

brettherman2131@hotmail.com

Always looking for Cal Ripken Jr. Brooks Robinson, Boog Powell and Orioles game used bats and jersey's.

Comment

• nycsports
      • Nov 2005

A 100% feedback on eBay does by no means guarantee the gloves authenticity. However, the claim that the glove is not real because of a supposed bogus story seems like a weak argument to me. If you don't think the story is real, why don't you contact the seller, maybe he can clear up some of your concerns?

Comment

• mr.miracle
        • Apr 2006

If I am selling something on ebay that is of historic value and cannot provide any proof that the item is authentic other then my word or a story, sorry, nobody is going to believe that. That is quite frankly the world we live in today. I am a very honest person but I would not expect somebody to trust me just because I said so. I am not saying this item is or is not authentic but the fact that it has not been graded or authenticated does not help the situation. Maybe the glove did come from Ruth who knows but the point is, if anybody is seriously expecting a collector to dump thousands of dollars into anything that is supposed to be game used without at least some type of authentication besides their word, that is just preposterous. I know I would not buy anything like this without being graded. While that in and of itself also proves nothing as we have all seen fake items professionally graded with 2 or 3 LOA's that are about as worthless as the paper they are written on, it is about the only valid system we have that authenticates things to a reasonable degree.
        Again, could somebody contact the seller to ask questions, sure but what besides his word can he offer that guarentees this item. That is like somebody saying well, I was at the game and player x handed me the bat and signed it right there. That is nice, now give me the LOA that comes with it accompanied by the tamper proof holograms, MEARS grading letter and Taube grading letter. Unfortunately in this time and in this industry that is just the way it is.

Brett
        Brett Herman

brettherman2131@hotmail.com

Always looking for Cal Ripken Jr. Brooks Robinson, Boog Powell and Orioles game used bats and jersey's.

Comment

Working...