X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • frikativ54
    • Dec 2007

Re: Bagwell Game Used - Cleats Especially

Originally posted by hblakewolf
    Clearly, you are way out of your league here and I strongly suggest focusing on Bagwell baseball cards, photos, bobble heads, Starting Lineups and similar mass produced items for your collection, first.
    Another personal attack. You are breaking forum rules. This is not about my knowledge of Bagwell items; it's about your jersey. Similarly, it's not about semantics.

Let me make something clear. From the 2000-2005 era, I have owned three Bagwell jerseys. The 2000 was a size 50. The 2003, which I recently traded, was a size 52. And the 2005 I own is a size 52.

Your jersey is a 48. Wrong size.
    Les Zukor
    bagwellgameused@gmail.com
    Collecting Jeff Bagwell Cleats, Jerseys, & Other Items

http://www.bagwellgameused.com
    (617) 682-0408

Comment

• frikativ54
      • Dec 2007

Originally posted by hblakewolf
      I don't need to be attacked for not knowing anything about Bagwell jerseys.
      To make things a bit more clear. There is a difference between the following two sentences:

"I don't need to be attacked for not knowing anything about Bagwell jerseys."

That was what I said. Now, I didn't say the following:

"I don't need to be attacked, for not knowing anything about Bagwell jerseys."

Two totally different meanings. Stop skewing my words.
      Les Zukor
      bagwellgameused@gmail.com
      Collecting Jeff Bagwell Cleats, Jerseys, & Other Items

(617) 682-0408

Comment

• Lokee
        Banned
        • May 2008

allthough this is none of my business it is on an open forum. I know either of the main people in this debacle.

I collect a couple specific players and can say from experience just because a player wears a certain size as a game jersey does not mean he couldn't wear a different sized BP jersey.

For example I have a 1995 John Valentin Red Sox jersey that came straight from the Red Sox and is a size 48, at the same time I purchased a 1995 Valentin BP jersey again from the Red Sox and it was a size 46. Same thing with my 1995 Mo Vaughn jerseys both purchased directly from the Red Sox and both different sizes a gamer and a BP jersey.

Anyways it is quite possible to have different sizes from BP to game jersey's.

Comment

• sox83cubs84
          Banned
          • Apr 2009

Adding to that, Lokee, a Cubs Convention sourced Glenallen Hill BP jersey that was an XL, while game jerseys of the era of his were a size 50 (XXL).

BTW, Lokee, what happened to your avatar? I liked it.

Dave M.
          Chicago area

Comment

• hblakewolf
            Banned
            • Nov 2005

Originally posted by sox83cubs84
            Adding to that, Lokee, a Cubs Convention sourced Glenallen Hill BP jersey that was an XL, while game jerseys of the era of his were a size 50 (XXL).

BTW, Lokee, what happened to your avatar? I liked it.

Dave M.
            Chicago area
            Dave-

I too have seen this, especially when I purchased hundreds of Phillies jerseys directly from the team. For example, Mike Schmidt traditionally wore a size 44 jersey, however, I had a mid 1980's pre-game that was a size 46. Other players had different size pre-games as compared to their regular game jerseys. Likewise, I've seen the same with other teams/players-it's not uncommon.

In regard to Lesters comment, "And I know what I am talking about. For example, in the 2000-2005 era, Bagwell never wore below a size 50 jersey. Yours is a 48, simply too small for Bagwell." Not only have I confirmed him wearing a size 48 with other collectors, Hunt's recently auctioned this Bagwell gamer-note the size 48.

July 14, 2009
            712002 Jeff Bagwell auto. Houston Astros professional model alternate jersey and 2000-2001 auto. undershirt. Brick red knit alternate shirt features Astros script lettering on front with player #5 on left breast and on back. Embroidered Astros patch appears on left sleeve. Bagwell's name is stitched on nameplate on back under MLB logo patch on back of collar. Majestic tagging is stitched on front tail with attached flag tag noting size "48". Bagwell has signed the upper left breast in black sharpie. Shirt exhibits solid usage and wash wear. Accompanying black sleeveless undershirt features embroidered Astros logo on front of collar and Bagwell's player #5 embroidered on back below the collar. Majestic tagging inside collar features size "2X". Bagwell has signed the front in faint white marker. Includes LOAs from Hunt Auctions (jersey) and JSA (auto.): EX-MT

Click image for larger version

Name:	BAGWELL HUNTS.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	92.5 KB
ID:	654331

Howard Wolf
            hblakewolf@comcast.net

Comment

• jppopma
              • Mar 2006

Les,

I have stuck up for you in the past, but this is ridiculous. Not everything has to be a personal attack on here, so no need to add drama into things.

On the jersey, the one Howard offered you looks good. If you do take the time to review pictures, be sure to remember the triple color name and number. Many pictures will make the letters look further apart because the black and maroon don't show up well in the pictures and create an optical illusion. Also remember that sizes vary from year to year, even within years, and even moreso when going from one brand to the next or between game and BP jerseys.

With Howard himself, he has been around a long time, knows his stuff, and is a very trustworthy guy. I don't know, or care to know, who your secret dealer is. In comparing two opinions, there are not many that would EARN as much weight as Howard's. There are many in the hobby that see him as a go to guy and value his opinion.

That said, I can see how he would take offense to your comments about the jersey. When you question someone's item, it is also a personal attack on them; like saying "YOU are trying to sell me this bad jersey!". Can you see how that is? In the future, some friendly advice would be to reply by simply saying no thanks.

Take it for what it's worth, but I don't want to hear the complaining down the road when you buy a different jersey that ends up being bad.

Take care and don't sweat things,

John

Comment

• eGameUsed
                Banned
                • Jan 2006

Bagwell did wear BP jerseys in Size 48 through 52 from 1996 to 2005. Jeff wore a tighter fitting jersey in BP, as many players do.

Thanks,

Comment

Working...