Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Banned

HISTORIC AUCTIONS McGWIRE JERSEY

Forum Readers-

Several collectros have asked my opinion on the "1998 McGwire home jersey" in the Historic Auction:

http://www.historicauctions.com/sear...ctionid/32461/

As an advanced McGwire collector who has both a home and road 1998 Mac jersey to compare this to, I question one glaring feature: This jersey in question has the MLB logo on the back of the collar, a feature institued by all teams in 2000. I know McGwire was ahead of the times, however, this is the first time I have seen a player wear a style of jersey two seasons before it was introduced!

I tried to email Historic auctions directly frm this McGwire page, however, I am not registered and thus, can't email to them. Eric, maybe you can make contact, as this is the Forum rule.

Howard Wolf
    hblakewolf@patmedia.net

Re: HISTORIC AUCTIONS McGWIRE JERSEY

I'll take care of it Howard. I'm already reaching out to them about other stuff...

Eric

Howard: I thank you for bringing to our attention the McGwire jersey. Until we contact the consignor and further determine the authenticity of the jersey, I have removed the jersey from the auction. If there is anything else I can personally help you with, please feel free to contact me directly @ james@historicauctions.com

Eric: I just did a search through our system and through our company EMail and you have not contacted us regarding anything. I’m really not sure which "other stuff" you are reaching out to us regarding because the only EMail I have received is when you registered for our site this evening. If there are any questions or concerns you have, please contact me at the above address or use the form at the bottom of every auction.

As with our first auction, we are dedicated to providing superior customer service and only 100% authentic items. I hope you enjoy our current auction and have a wonderful time bidding.

--
    James

I sent you 3 emails today to the address on your historic auctions "open auction" announcement- perhaps, that's not an address that people check.

I'll happily send an email to you at the address you provided.
    Thanks
    Eric

Banned

James-
    Thanks for the update. What I find interesting is that you have a Cardinals jersey with 1998 year tags, however, could not have been worn until 2 seasons later. Likewise, there is another glaring problem with this jersey that I will be more than happy to discuss with you off line. Please provide me with a phone number and I'll speak with you about it.

Once you have made contact with the consignor, can you please post a response for all on the Forum to read?

Thanks for the quick response and attention to this.

Howard Wolf
    hblakewolf@patmedia.net

www.jerseydave.com

2005 Soriano Jersey

I sent James a e-mail about the 2005 Soriano Texas jersey. There no metion of the #26 Memorial patch that was worn that season in Memory of Johnny Oates... nor is there any mention of the serial #'d patch that is suppose to be sewn inside the jersey... I will post what James responds with or James can post here himself...

Banned

As of today, I have not heard back about the McGwire jersey in question. Likewise, I have not seen any response to JerseyDaves question about the Rangers jersey.

Historic Auction, can you please provide an update?

Thanks.
    Howard Wolf
    hblakewolf@patmedia.net

Howard,

I just sent an email to James about 1 hour ago asking if there had been any conclusion made into the questions on the McGwire. I have not heard back as of yet but again, it has only been 1 hour. I am very curious as to the response to your inquiry as well.

Brett

Quote Originally Posted by hblakewolf
    As of today, I have not heard back about the McGwire jersey in question. Likewise, I have not seen any response to JerseyDaves question about the Rangers jersey.

Historic Auction, can you please provide an update?

Thanks.
    Howard Wolf
    hblakewolf@patmedia.net

Howard,

Which McGwire jersey are you inquiring about? You only EMailed me about one jersey and I wrote you back regarding it (32830).

Also, we have pulled 32461.

By the way, I haven't answered JerseyDaves yet because I had to have the jersey pulled from the warehouse so I could answer his question. I will be emailing JerseyDaves directly regarding the answer, so it is really up to him if you will see the response.

--
    James

Quote Originally Posted by mr.miracle
    Howard,

I just sent an email to James about 1 hour ago asking if there had been any conclusion made into the questions on the McGwire. I have not heard back as of yet but again, it has only been 1 hour. I am very curious as to the response to your inquiry as well.

Brett
    Brett,

I am pulling the items to get you additional photos.

--
    James