Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

OT: Where do the teams stay when playing

Where do teams usually stay when playing the red sox? I am going to Boston this week and am staying in the copley area. thanks.

Re: OT: Where do the teams stay when playing

Banned

Re: OT: Where do the teams stay when playing

I can't speak for Boston, but the hotels in Chicago absolutely DETEST autograph hounds. One made collectors wait across the street to wait for autographs and refused to allow signature seekers to stand outside their door. They took it one step further after groups of 5 or 6 collectors would split one room and then pursue autographs inside. When security hassled them, they threw their hotel room residency in security's faces and basically told them "I'm a paying guest, I'm entitled". The hotel's response was to post signange in several places in the lobby declaring that autograph seeking, even by registered guests, was not permitted on the premesis. Also, here in Chi-Town, most of the hotel crowd despises newcomers/visitors, as they see it as competition on "their" turf. They don't get violent, but they do lie repeatedly about a player's presence/absence, or what entrance the player uses, to discourage newbies...anything to send them home frustrated enough to not return.
    You may be OK, but be prepared for one or both of the above turns of bad fortune.

Dave M.
    Chicago area