I usually don’t regret too much, since I am always looking for a variety of things. But there are a few that just seem to stick in the back of my head….

Grand Rapids Griffins alternate jersey, I don’t even remember what player it was. It was one of those post game auctions, and the first couple jerseys were not getting much interest and they even dropped the opening bid down to around $75 or so. I was looking for one another player, so I held off. When the player I wanted came up, there was a major bidding war and it went for over $1,000 (well out of my range). Something about that bidding sparked the crowd and the rest of the jerseys each went for over $350, even for the no namers. I’ve only been to a few of these post game auctions since because of how outrageous the bidding on them gets.

The other is sorta off the wall and quirky, so I was on the fence about it when it came available. It was a full pro mascot from the Battle Creek Yankees right after the team folded. Complete with the head, full suit, jerseys, and even carrying bag. If I recall correctly, it ended up going for something like $175 which seems pretty low. I know its crazy and have no idea what I would have done with it…but I can’t say I have seen any other pro mascot costumes surface since then.